Pro photogs -- how do you rate the S7 camera?

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I love the Pixel's camera results and in particular the nice looking balance between detail/noise reduction and the fact that images don't seem oversharpened or oversaturated. The S7 jpegs I've seen I've been less impressed with, but since I don't have first hand experience I'm curious to hear how photographers are finding the S7's output.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Low light performance is awesome. 12MP a bit on the low side for adequate sharpness for larger prints. On device, photos are generally quite acceptable, however. NO phone is going to give you "pro" results. You can't control the depth of field, just to cite one big issue.

It's great for capturing memories, as a phone is nearly always with us.

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Low light performance is awesome. 12MP a bit on the low side for adequate sharpness for larger prints. On device, photos are generally quite acceptable, however. NO phone is going to give you "pro" results. You can't control the depth of field, just to cite one big issue.

It's great for capturing memories, as a phone is nearly always with us.

Thanks. I'm not looking for "Pro" results, just something that's not oversharpened or with too much detail-smearing noise reduction. Both make me mad with my current phone.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I like that you can install several modes besides the ones that come on the phone.
RAW format saving is also a nice option. Aids in editing with no compression of the image.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance