Recently, I've noticed that mobile data cannot be used while I'm on a phone calls with my stock Verizon S7. I get the message that, "Mobile data is not available while you are on this call. Apps like email, Internet and social networking will work if you connect to Wi-Fi". When I attempt to activate "Advanced Calling", I'm told that the feature is already activated on my phone and that I should power it off and back on. However, the issue persists after a power cycle. This seems to be a relatively new issue for me. Is anyone else experiencing this or found the cause?
    11-16-2016 10:19 AM
    Is your phone connected using LTE or EVDO? You need LTE for simultaneous v/d on vzw
    11-16-2016 01:04 PM
    Is your phone connected using LTE or EVDO? You need LTE for simultaneous v/d on vzw
    I'm on LTE. I've always been able to use voice and data simultaneously in the past. Seems something changed in the last few weeks.
    11-16-2016 01:42 PM
    You have to have advanced calling installed and activated on phone & through verizon to have simultaneous voice & data
    11-16-2016 03:18 PM
    You have to have advanced calling installed and activated on phone & through verizon to have simultaneous voice & data
    See the OP. My phone indicates that Advanced Calling is activated.
    11-16-2016 06:53 PM
    Then you must not be in an lte coverage. It doesnt work unless it is, 3g doesnt cut it anymore. If you leave 4g lte coverage call drops because newer phones only have one antenna handling both. Also double check that not only the phone has advanced calling enabled but your verizon plan has it enabled (sometimes it gets unchecked). If you're sure everything is is as verizon dictates and you still can't do both simultaneously take the phone in to get checked. Were you ever able to simultaneously use data while on a call with your S7?
    11-17-2016 12:12 PM