Just installed Android Nougat Manually!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Just updated my Galaxy S7 to Nougat Beta 7 manually via this guide: How to Update Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Android Nougat Manually

Now you can set the screen resolution to FHD to save more battery life just like in the Note 7

The camera interface is also now like the Note 7 where you swipe left, right, and up/down to change modes

The phone has never feeled snappier!

Screenshot_20161120_233856.jpg

One of the best battery saving features now in Nougat is the background refresh Data Saver where you can restrict apps to not use any background data unless they are open and in the foreground just like how iOS does:

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
How much better is the battery life with the resolution decrease?? I'd do almost ANYTHING to get better battery life on my S7. I don't think I'd notice the difference in resolution on such a small screen anyway

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
How much better is the battery life with the resolution decrease?? I'd do almost ANYTHING to get better battery life on my S7. I don't think I'd notice the difference in resolution on such a small screen anyway

it's two things that improve battery drastically, the lower resolution, which I can't see a difference in anyway, so it's always better to have less power needed to power a lower resolution and secondly, the fact that you can put all apps to not suck any data, be it on WiFi or Cellular unless the app was in the background, I only let Whatsapp have that ability, everything else is power saving

My phone loses 2% per hour now if I don't touch it, before Nougat, I would lose around 15% per hour with all the apps closed

Screenshot_20161121_005857.png

Last edited:

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess the big question would be what the lower res does to VR.
Can't find that out until the official release comes. Ocular won't run in these Beta versions.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Just increase the resolution back to normal if you're using VR. lol

But now I'm really excited about this with the ability to restrict apps from sucking down your battery in the background. In my case I'll just leave FB Messenger on in the background! I used to do this with my Windows Phone and it saved a ton of battery. Shame Android is JUST NOW catching up.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Just increase the resolution back to normal if you're using VR. lol

But now I'm really excited about this with the ability to restrict apps from sucking down your battery in the background. In my case I'll just leave FB Messenger on in the background! I used to do this with my Windows Phone and it saved a ton of battery. Shame Android is JUST NOW catching up.

New Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge Nougat beta firmware coming soon = New Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge Nougat beta firmware coming soon - GSMArena.com news

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad