Hello galaxy users. Have any of you guys had the LG G4 and then got the S7? I was thinking about taking advantage of a holiday promo and getting the S7.
    I really like the G4's screen size, and was a little worried about going smaller. Looked into the s7 edge, but that curved screen just isn't for me. Other than that, I don't see any flaws of the s7, other than, would it be much of an upgrade?
    Things of importance to me are
    Camera
    Size (not to big and not to small)
    Signal strength. (live in a rural area with so-so service)
    The only reason I'm thinking of making the move is I'm worried about the G4 bootloping issues. I had it happen a few months back, and got a refurbished one from AT&T, but the refurb only has a 90 day warranty.
    Any input would be appreciated...
    11-22-2016 11:02 AM
    i had the normal S7, but then i got the edge, the battery is much better, the screen is bigger,and if you put a minimal case like Nillkin Nature, Ringke Fusion or a Spigen Neo Hybrid the edges won't bother you at all. As for a screen protector you can choose a military shield Armorsuit case friendly, Spigen Clear HD(works with Spigen cases), or a tempered glass GPEL 2-nd version(it works with some cases including the Spigen Rugged Armor.
    I also had the G4 and it was more difficult to hold than the S7 Edge because of the sharp edges and large width.
    Anyway, the normal S7 is a little better in terms of battery than the G4, but the S7 edge blows it away. If you like watching videos, viewing photos or playing some games, definetely go for the edge, because of the way the screen is curved, it offers a immersive experience.
    11-22-2016 01:15 PM
    I had both the G3 and the G4 before moving to the S7. Couldn't be happier, personally. There is a little sacrifice in screen size, but I got over that quickly given the pros I see with the S7, like the camera is better and more consistent overall. I have no issues with the service - also with the AT&T S7, wifi calling is enabled, so if you are at home with so-so service, it will roll all your calls to wifi calling, which makes a huge difference in my own house. And the battery life I get with this phone blows away any phone I've ever had. I've only had to charge it during the day once or twice and on each of those occasions, I had a huge amount of usage (i.e. hours of navigation, etc).
    11-22-2016 04:17 PM
    Glad to hear the battery is much better than the G4. Not to sure about the Edge. It doesn't look like the screen is protected all that well with a case on, and have read the screen protectors can be a pain.
    11-22-2016 05:31 PM
    I had the LG G4 and went to Note 7 and now to S7. Love it. Don't miss the screen size and actually I realized I prefer the pocketability and amazing brilliant amoled.
    missmotta likes this.
    11-22-2016 09:35 PM
    The actual legible screen size of the Edge is the same as the S7. That curve distorts more than helps IMO. Average review states 45 minutes extra battery life, but the curve... I barely tolerated the N7 curve and the 7E is twice as pronounced.

All depends on preference
    11-23-2016 01:06 PM
    My g4 bootlooped in June. The T-Mobile guy at the store talked me into replacing it with the S7 and I couldn't be happier wish my choice. I thought I'd miss the bigger screen, but I'm perfectly happy with this. It's a good size for movies and reading and the camera is top notch.
    I think I'll be sticking with Samsung from now on. Really digging it. Good luck!
    11-26-2016 06:23 PM
    I went from the G4 to the S7, not a single regret. I like the size better, the slightly smaller screen doesn't bother me and it's more comfortable in the pocket. Camera is excellent and my battery life is better, plus it doesn't rock on my desk if I'm using it as a calculator or responding to a text or something.
    11-27-2016 08:25 AM
    Ah, I forgot about the rocking with the G4!
    11-28-2016 11:06 AM