Hi guys,

I have been getting the error in the title constantly lately on my S7. Now this was before a recent Android update about a week ago. So i thought i'd the update and maybe that'll sort it. Nope...

So i did what EVERYWHERE says to do on the net and cleared the apps cache & data. Still doing it. So i uninstalled FB and did a restart and then reinstalled it. Still the problem persists.

Basically its the only app that does this and after actually asking the guys at FB they said to do the generic fix of clear cache/data. That seems the only fix they have...

I'm at my wits end now and of course i'd love to ditch FB all together but i need it to keep tabs on my kids activity etc

Anyone any suggestions please. Or am i gonna be forced to do a factory reset?

Thanks in advance
    11-30-2016 02:03 PM
    You can always just use your browser to access Facebook.
    12-01-2016 01:06 AM
    @ Nahoku

Yes there is that but it's so much more fiddly. Anyway I went with a full factory reset and the FB app still crashes.

Oh well it's not the end of the world. Just another of technologies annoyances. Thanks for your reply all the same 😊
    12-01-2016 01:35 PM
    @ Nahoku

Yes there is that but it's so much more fiddly. Anyway I went with a full factory reset and the FB app still crashes.

Oh well it's not the end of the world. Just another of technologies annoyances. Thanks for your reply all the same
    Facebook, over the last 6 months, have caused a lot of problems, from doing things like you're seeing, to updating itself without permission, to causing excessive battery drain. I wouldn't be surprised if they updated their software again and causing your issues. You might check if there's an update to the app or wait a few days to do it. If there's a problem with the app, I'm sure FB will probably push another update.

I don't use FB, by the way! I detest it due to the security (or lack thereof) of our unsuspecting young children!
    12-01-2016 02:28 PM
    net err cache miss facebook on my divice, fix this problem
    03-11-2018 08:23 AM
    You could use one of the Facebook wrapper apps. I use Simple Social, but there are lots. Or just open the FB website in Chrome.
    03-11-2018 11:05 AM
    use in chrome, or download one of the third party Facebook alternative apps. Facebook has always been a resource got anyway. Myself, I use Maki, and it works great, even has a theme specifically for amoled screens. can also access Twitter in it as well, and going between the two is super simple. just swipe right and tap on the one you want to use. Also includes Instagram and Google plus as well. And it doesn't have the crashing issues the official Facebook app has, and it has messenger integrated in it, so you don't have to install a separate messenger app to talk to your Facebook friends.
    03-11-2018 05:41 PM