does S7 glass screen protector without halo exist?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by 'halo'? If you mean any distortion to the screen display, any fully transparent ones should do. I have an IQ Shield one on mine (the clear version, not the matte) and there's no distortion at all.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by 'halo'? If you mean any distortion to the screen display, any fully transparent ones should do. I have an IQ Shield one on mine (the clear version, not the matte) and there's no distortion at all.

I think he means one that covers the whole entire screen but doesn't peel up at the edges due to the curved nature of the GS7's display, albeit subtle.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 more of the 3 glass covers I bought that I probably won't use. The screens are bent just enough that about 3mm of side edge doesn't let the protector adhere to the screen. Thus the halo.
The covers also are not wide enough to cover the screen anyway. I consider them to be more a nuisance than a protector.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think he means one that covers the whole entire screen but doesn't peel up at the edges due to the curved nature of the GS7's display, albeit subtle.

Ah! OK, in that case, nope, no GLASS protector that I know of will work with curved screens. Most are crap in that department. But thin-film protectors do (again, I've used IQ Shield since the Note 5 and as long as you are careful with not stretching the material too much, the edges won't peel).

cliro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the ishieldz curved tempered glass and it doesn't have the halo effect. It goes over the bend of the glass but for some reason they designed it so the screen part doesn't adhere to the screen itself, the adhesive is just on the edge of the protector. Looks nice and all but it lags a little on the touch response. Hoping I get used to it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781