Couple of issues with Samsung Galaxy S7 - any help appreciated :)

siblades

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S7 (not Edge), it's a European unlocked version and I'm in the UK.

I've been running the Nougat beta since it was released and all has been fine until the latest (4th) update yesterday. I have 2 problems:

1. I use AVG antivirus which scans my phone automatically once a day. On the scan after doing the latest Nougat update it has detected a threat which it says is Malware in the 'Phone' app which is obviously a system app. The specific file name is com.samsung.android.incallui - it says it can't be deleted because it's a system app but recommends I disable it, which obviously I don't want to do because I need to use it! So I've just clicked 'ignore' for now. Do you think this could be actual malware or just AVG playing up? AVG is updated to the latest version and all virus definitions are up to date.

2. When logging in to my banking app 'NatWest' I always use my fingerprint to log in. However, after the latest Nougat update, when I try to log in it says: 'Fingerprint login is not available on a device that has been rooted or if the security settings have been altered. Once you restore your device to factory settings you can enable this option again.' I haven't rooted my phone nor have I changed the security settings. Is something fishy going on here or is it just a bug with the latest Nougat update do you think?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Greetings, welcome to the forums!
The incall ui will be User Interface, that's just what happens during calls, don't touch it.
The bank one possibly detects the change of software. I'd try uninstalling that app, then reinstalling it again, the actual app would have been coded for marshmallow and can't cope with Nougat. Reinstall may install the software written for Nougat hopefully... Give that a go and tell us how it goes!

siblades

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply :)

So I can just ignore the warning on AVG about the incall ui? There's no way that it could have been infected with Malware?

I tried uninstalling the banking app and re-installing it but it didn't work. Hopefully there will be an update to it soon or the next beta update will fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol