S7 Display Issue - Bad Pixels

niky518

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I recently noticed some problems with my S7 and on S7 from my friend.
Example images are in Attachments.

To reproduce:
NOTE: It is visible only in room without light, or some similar place.
1. Use provided image (img4.jpg) as wallpaper for "Home and lock screens"
2. Go to Settings - Display - Screen mode - use one of this three options: Adaptive display or AMOLED cinema or AMOLED photo
3. 1st - Navigate to Home screen, use scroll bar to adjust screen brightness to 20% - 40% and check top left corner of the phone (issues should be visible)
4. 2nd - Set screen brightness to 20%-40%, Lock phone, then press Home button and Swipe Up (you must have "pattern" as lock screen) -> display issues should be visible.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 26
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 30
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 30
  • img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a S7, but that looks like a bad screen. It's not burn in, or the icons would have shown up too. Almost looks like pressure marks. Do you carry your phone in your back pocket? If you're still under warranty, you should talk to where ever you got the phone, or Samsung, for repair or exchange. Hopefully, you didn't drop your phone as that will give Samsung reason to void your warranty. Lots of horror stories about that.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Judging from the splotch locations in the top right photo, the CPU heatsink area (center right, round splotch), and the battery area, (lower left, big splotch) might be caused by heat. You and your friend been working your phones hard? I wonder if things are overheating more than they should and messing up the screen. I would talk to Samsung, show them the photos, and ask what should be done. I'm sure they won't like what they see especially if its heat related. A 4 month old phone shouldn't have such problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair