Professional Underwater Housing for Samsung S7? Rated to 100 feet or more

Apothecia

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I am a SCUBA diver and have literally spent hours searching online for an underwater housing for my new Samsung Galaxy S7. I noticed that iPhone has TONS of accessories like that, the Optrix underwater photo housing and Watershot, and Seashell, are just some examples. I ordered a Lifeproof case just so that I could get my phone into the water even if it can't go to the depths I want it to, and I was so disappointed in the quality that I sent it back. I have a gopro, but that can't take the up close pics I want to take of the coral reefs and sealife that I will be studying in my scientific diving classes. Anyone know of a brand or a decent case that might suit my needs? Just to give you an idea, I'm thinking about cases that normally retail for between $100 and $200. Hard plastic, NOT the flimsy plastic cases that will cave under pressure. .

Here is a website that shows kind of what I'm looking for but for an android. This Optrix PhotoproX is only rated leakproof/waterproof to 33 feet, but I would dig it because of the interchangeable camera lenses and it also survives a 30 foot drop.
Optrix PhotoProX for iPhone 5 & 5S | Optrix
Then there's more hardcore cases that turn your iPhone into a dive computer.. I would love one that could turn my android into a dive computer :)
iPhone Dive Computer | Scuba Diving iPhone Case, Dive Log

Thanks,
-ES

Joshua Hendrickson

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I am a SCUBA diver and have literally spent hours searching online for an underwater housing for my new Samsung Galaxy S7. I noticed that iPhone has TONS of accessories like that, the Optrix underwater photo housing and Watershot, and Seashell, are just some examples. I ordered a Lifeproof case just so that I could get my phone into the water even if it can't go to the depths I want it to, and I was so disappointed in the quality that I sent it back. I have a gopro, but that can't take the up close pics I want to take of the coral reefs and sealife that I will be studying in my scientific diving classes. Anyone know of a brand or a decent case that might suit my needs? Just to give you an idea, I'm thinking about cases that normally retail for between $100 and $200. Hard plastic, NOT the flimsy plastic cases that will cave under pressure. .

Here is a website that shows kind of what I'm looking for but for an android. This Optrix PhotoproX is only rated leakproof/waterproof to 33 feet, but I would dig it because of the interchangeable camera lenses and it also survives a 30 foot drop.
Optrix PhotoProX for iPhone 5 & 5S | Optrix
Then there's more hardcore cases that turn your iPhone into a dive computer.. I would love one that could turn my android into a dive computer :)
iPhone Dive Computer | Scuba Diving iPhone Case, Dive Log

Thanks,
-ES

Old thread, but it seems this is not an easy nut to crack. Have you checked out the Weefine Smart case? Looks like it uses parts or molds from the "Watershot" branded iPhone case. My wife uses the Watershot for iPhone and works great for diving.

https://oceanicphotolab.com/products/weefine-smart-housing
Weefine_case.jpg

See similarities to Watershot: https://www.watershot.com/collections/iphone-6s-kit/products/watershot-pro-line-housing-iphone-6-6s-black-snorkel-blueip6_blue_001_8a7c4102-24ab-44d4-a85e-fe1a7ea06520_530x@2x.jpg

Joshua Hendrickson

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Kraken Sports
https://www.amazon.com/Kraken-Sport...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5960796

Kraken Smart Housing is about $300 and looks like a re-branding of the Wefine housing, if Wefine is even the original. I think the Wefine one was going for something crazy like $800.

As for phones that are compatible:

"Maximum phone dimensions are 158mm in height, 83mm in width, and 9mm in thickness. The phone should have a flat back, curved back phones will not sit in the housing properly. If your phone is the above dimensions or less you should have no problem using the housing."

Samsung Galaxy S7 falls inside that range.

"There are two versions of the housing, one includes a temperature and depth sensor, the other does not. MSRP $299USD w\o sensor $399USD with sensor."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira