Have been holding on to my old S4 for ages now and old age is finally getting to it, so looking to get an S7 now. I'm with T-Mobile and to buy through them is almost $700 total, or I can buy an unlocked phone for as low as $500. What are the pros and cons of buying unlocked? Any recommendation for a reputable and reliable seller? I'm partial to the S7, rather than the Edge, just because I don't think I'll ever use "the edge" part of the Edge phone.

Thanks!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-04-2017 06:42 PM
    Hope this helps. As for S7 VS S7 Edge, the Edge might not be that useful, but it's soooooo damn sexy! Even more when compared to the S7. I got my boyfriend one during the black friday T-Mobile sale and it just looks so 'dull' next to my coral-blue Edge
    Samsung gives the U.S. the perfect Galaxy S7 — unlocked! | Android Central
    01-04-2017 07:56 PM
    Buying unlocked gives you a ton of freedom. You're not tied to the terms of a two-year contract with your carrier. You're not paying your phone off in increments - you pay it off all at once and you never have to think about it again.

I bought an unlocked device for the first time and it was very freeing. You get more variety of choice with unlocked purchases, as well - so long as your specific device of choice is compatible with your carrier's bands/network, you have nothing to worry about.

Glad you are getting a deal on your S7 unlocked! I'd say go for it! Let us know what you decide!
    01-04-2017 08:21 PM
    One thing with the unlocked version, the OS updates come much slower then the carrier version.

My T-Mobile S7 Edge on 6.1.1 is on the November 1st security update.
    My unlocked carrier free version is on the September 1st security update. Not that big of a difference. The unlocked version works with all T-Mobile phone features such and supports Samsung Pay as well.

I am using both phones on T-Mobile. The unlocked version gets about twice the standby time for as the carrier version and I also get about double the screen usage time. Maybe it's being free of the T-Mobile garb that is giving me all that better performance but I am loving the experience.

I bought mine during the X-Mas sale with it was $120 off at BestBuy last week. It's back up to the regular price now.
    01-05-2017 02:36 AM
    One thing with the unlocked version, the OS updates come much slower then the carrier version.

My T-Mobile S7 Edge on 6.1.1 is on the November 1st security update.
    My unlocked carrier free version is on the September 1st security update. Not that big of a difference. The unlocked version works with all T-Mobile phone features such and supports Samsung Pay as well.

I am using both phones on T-Mobile. The unlocked version gets about twice the standby time for as the carrier version and I also get about double the screen usage time. Maybe it's being free of the T-Mobile garb that is giving me all that better performance but I am loving the experience.

I bought mine during the X-Mas sale with it was $120 off at BestBuy last week. It's back up to the regular price now.
    The global version unlock is pretty good with uodates. Faster than north america version.
    01-07-2017 08:01 PM
    The global version unlock is pretty good with uodates. Faster than north america version.
    But I've heard that there are one or two T-Mobile features that will not work on that model. I am happy with my unlocked US version.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-08-2017 01:29 AM
    Just got the December 1st security patch on my unlocked US Edge. My T-Mobile Edge is on November.
    01-09-2017 04:06 AM
    Can you do WIFI calling on the unlocked version on TMobile?
    01-19-2017 07:03 PM
    Can you do WIFI calling on the unlocked version on TMobile?
    Yes. The only thing that doesn't work is the FM radio.
    01-19-2017 09:39 PM