S7 Wireless Printing Problem

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Guys looking for some help here with a problem that's driving me nuts. I'm trying to wirelessly print from my S7 to my HP desktop 4650 printer (through my broadband router) but it's just not working.

I've got the Samsung and HP plug ins and when I try to print for instance an email I get the print icon coming up but then when I try to print I keep getting the message 'sorry that didn't work, try again'. I know there's no fault with the network or printer because I've printed the same document via my iPad and the last time I tried my S7 printed off fine.

I've tried clicking on all the different printer names that come up when you hit the option to search for all printers but it's just not happening.

Can anyone help with this? It's driving me nuts since printing off my iPhone was so hassle free!

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
All the toggles are on, both the samsung and HP plug ins. Strange thing is I can print from a pdf doc just not anything through Hotmail or Gmail?

roman12345

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
This is still an issue. It appears to be affecting many Samsung devices - I've tried on Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I'm using a Canon printer and I can also replicate the same error occasionally when printing to PDF. I'm using the "Canon Print Service" app to print to a Canon printer. When using a standalone Canon document printer this works every time. So the issue appears to be in the Android common print dialog - albeit Samsungs implementation as I'm not aware of the problem on non-samsung devices.

Also, this problem has been happening for me for about a month now. I wondered if it was anything to do with Samsungs rollout of the Mopria print library integration: https://news.samsung.com/us/2016/11...pabilities-galaxy-users-mopria-print-library/

But depends when that update got pushed out. Have tried raising this issue with Samsung but haven't yet been able to get the point across that I don't need to send them my tablet - it affects all devices regardless of printer and WiFi network. One solution they've offered is to rollback the updates which I'm happy for them to try, but obviously I will not accept this as a solution.

If anyone can offer any advice on fixing/working around this issue I would be really grateful. Or, any advice on how to effectively escalate this problem to the right people at Samsung would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz