WhatsApp Notification Sounds not playing

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I'm not longer getting the notification sounds for WhatsApp come through. Sometimes a restart solves it but most of the time it doesn't. Also, if I get a SMS then sometimes that initiates the WhatsApp notifications again but it stop working again randomly. I've ensured the App Power Saving is disabled for WhatsApp as well.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced this? Help appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the default WhatsApp notification tone, or a custom one? If the latter, is it saved to Internal Storage or the SD card?

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the default WhatsApp notification tone, or a custom one? If the latter, is it saved to Internal Storage or the SD card?
I'm using a custom one which I believe is installed on the internal storage.

bebd812b04202b672f687e4e86ca74c5.jpg

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you choose a different tone (preferably one that came with the phone)?
I've reset notification settings back to app defaults which use whichever the device notification sound is. This is currently custom as well but I'll see if this has an effect.

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I've left it over a week and it seems having the WhatsApp notifications set to the default system notification works. I just won't have a separate notification sound from now on then.

Venkatesa Priyan

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
For some reason I'm not longer getting the notification sounds for WhatsApp come through. Sometimes a restart solves it but most of the time it doesn't. Also, if I get a SMS then sometimes that initiates the WhatsApp notifications again but it stop working again randomly. I've ensured the App Power Saving is disabled for WhatsApp as well.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced this? Help appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply.. just change your default notification tone in your phone settings as the tone you require and then set it in whatsapp. You will get the desired tone.. bye

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000