Voicemail Stops When I Move Phone To Ear

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
OK, I need some help with this one because its driving me crazy. Here's the deal. When I add a Lockscreen Notification app like HiLocker, Next, Picturesque, Echo or any of them, when I get a Voicemail and click on the Voicemail Icon and hit play, as soon as i move the phone to my ear the Voicemail stops playing and the phone locks. I have tried all the above mentioned, same result. I even did a Factory reset trying to fix it. I'm using a Galaxy S7 model SM-G930V Android Version 6.0.1. If I use the stock lock screen, which I hate, I don't have any problems with the Voicemail. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already checked the settings of all of those lockscreen apps to see if anything there might help?

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've looked around and can't find anything that would make this work. It's odd that every single lock screen app does this with the voice mail. The only one I found that works is Nils, but it doesn't have any options that shows weather, wallpapers, shortcuts or calendar agenda on the lock screen. Its basically the stock lock screen with very minor stuff.

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing its the Visual Voicemail. Its a Verizon phone the Icon is red, has something that looks like a tape recorder on it and has voice mail under it

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the proximity sensor. When I start the voicemail playback I can cover the sensor and it triggers the lock screen and the voicemail stops. If I use the speaker option it plays fine, but thats not a good option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it has to do with how the 3rd party lockscreen apps are being implemented. You might want to email the developer of one (or all) of those apps to see if they can modify it to ignore the proximity sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781