call block limit

pappydsp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have received notification on my Galaxy S7 that I reached the limit on call blocking numbers. I did not know there was a limit. Can someone tell me what the limit is and how I can increase it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that carriers may limit how many numbers you can block, if you're doing it through them. For example, when I used to be on Verizon, I remember being able to go to my account website and choose up to something like 5 or 10 numbers to block.

Is this a call-blocking option from within your phone's Contacts app, or is it through your carrier?

pappydsp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
My cell and landline are on Verizon. The landline gives me 10 numbers to block. The cell phone, on the other hand, seems to allow me to block dozens of numbers and was assuming it was the Samsung app that was blocking the numbers and not Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tell us how you're setting these call blocks -- it may help us figure out where the blocking feature is originating.

pappydsp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
From the Samsung original phone app, I would tap the incoming caller I want to block. I would then tap "more" on the next screen which gave me a drop down menu. I would select "add to block list" and then a message would appear that I could no longer add to my block list because I exceeded the limit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

pappydsp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions. The Hiya app seems to work well with Android according to the reviews. I didn't know there was a 100 limit to blocking numbers.