My S7 has great battery life after a factory reset but after awhile (couple weeks or so) I get much worse battery performance. One issue I've noticed is that it doesn't doze. Last night for example it went to bed at 100% and dropped to 90% by morning, with 'cell standby' showing up as the biggest battery user. Neither a soft reboot nor cache wipe solves the problem; I have to do a full reset, and then it's just fine.

I've tried isolating it program by program and can't find the culprit. The only non-Samsung and non-Google programs I have are Nova Launcher, the Hilton Honors app, Uber, a Bosch app that connects with my wifi thermostat, Weather Underground and USB Audio Player Pro (which is awesome, FYI). GPS and location services are off and I've disabled most if not all of the stuff I don't need or want. I only keep bluetooth on when I use it.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and fix? Thanks in advance.
    01-24-2017 10:33 AM
    It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

When Cell Standby is high, that often suggests a problem with poor signal, since poor signal makes the phone work harder to stay connected, which uses battery (as Cell Standby). I'd also wonder about that Bosch app, since it might be preventing the phone from dozing if it's frequently communicating with the thermostat.
    01-24-2017 11:05 PM
    Thanks. I have installed GSAM and will post something in a few days.

I think the Bosch app only communicates when I open it up. The t-stat doesn't need the phone app to operate.

I have a pretty bullet-proof cell signal because I have Verizon's 4gLTE network extender.
    01-25-2017 12:33 PM
    I have a pretty bullet-proof cell signal because I have Verizon's 4gLTE network extender.
    I wonder if Verizon's extenders work the same as T-Mobile's. I have a Cel-Fi from T-Mobile, which boosts signal -- but it only seems to do so when I initiate or receive a call. So when the phone is idle, the signal bars hover around 2-3, but then jump up to 5 when I make a call.
    01-25-2017 05:02 PM
    Any chance you are logged into the Facebook app? Whether you use it or not, just having you account linked causes battery drain. Log out completely from the FB app.

If for some reason you want FB, try Swipe.
    01-26-2017 03:40 PM