gloves with touchscreen

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This if my first winter with my S7, So far, I have bought 2 pairs of gloves (one pair in a store, one pair online) that are supposed to work with android touchscreens -- but they don't work on my S7. (I have another pair that does work, but they are too short.) Reviews for the gloves that don't work glowingly say how well they do work. BTW, I've never used a screen protector on this phone. I can't seem to find a phone setting that makes the screen more sensitive to touch -- has anyone else had this problem with gloves? They apparently work for other people on other phones....Any ideas?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Which gloves did you buy? Most of the gloves have one or two fingertips with the touch sensitive fabric material on it on a certain spot. I didn't have the S7 but did the S7Edge and most touch gloves and some non touch gloves (like those $2 cheapie knit ones) work. Does your phone work well with regular finger touches or is it glitchy there too?

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should have been more clear. I do understand how these gloves are supposed to work, I have some that do. I also have some that don't, that say they should. Is there a way to make the screen more sensitive? And/or, has anyone else had the same problem? Why should they work on some phones and not on others?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of leather patrol gloves without any touch-screen material, don't have my screen set to any specific setting, and the gloves work on my phone. Sounds like it is an issue with the gloves

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
As a Canadian all I can say is. When it hits anything below -15 my phone gets a wee bit sluggish even with the gloves.

Also just in my experience when my hands were even a bit chilly as.well as my phone it was a losing battle to try to even use it. So I would just tuck it in a warm pocket inside my sweater under my coat and take it out in I need to moments.

Being in the cold to long with my phone. Basically ****ed my battery before. So when my phone dosnt want to play nice I decide to not be a tech person and keep it warm so I don't kill another battery.

(Battery death based on the fact that after having to work outside in -35 my phones battery began to barely hold a charge and couldn't keep a proper reading)

Moto fan

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I too work outdoors, sometimes in super cold weather. I find keeping my s7 in an inside pocket on my coat and using my Bluetooth headset with the battery portion and the part in my ear covered with a stocking cap works well. I have used what the military calls flyers gloves and they work with touch screens.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
We had some UK subzeros recently - just a few degrees below - and thought THAT was cold. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol