For whatever reason all of a sudden gsam is reporting apps are taking 80 to 98% of my battery.

This is just as i took it off the charger but i can assure you that i have just charge it up. When i charged it last night i left it on my night table with 83% battery and woke up with 75% so that means i lost 8% over night. That never happened before. Typically i can last around 20 or so hours with atleast 4 and a half hours before i need to recharge. When i woke up i had only used the phone for around and hour and a half and it had already lost another 35%. Its not just youtube either. If i disable youtube it changes to another app.. for example if i charge it up and disable youtube and listen to music for 10 mins it says music is using up to 68% usage.

Any suggestions will help thank you.
    02-01-2017 12:16 PM
    So, i think i fixed it. I uninstalled updates to youtube and other apps i use frequently and wiped cache partition. The phone is running much cooler and its no longer in the 80 to 90% range and down into the 60% range and dropping. Hopefully this is fixed.
    02-01-2017 04:12 PM
    Heck, Gsam reads current as negative when Im charging and positive when Im not. the app is useless in lg v20
    Who884l5 likes this.
    02-01-2017 04:35 PM
    I think its just gsam reporting incorrectly idk why it would be tbh
    Started doing this when i enebled more stats.
    02-01-2017 11:12 PM
    I think its just gsam reporting incorrectly idk why it would be tbh
    Started doing this when i enebled more stats.
    I noticed this after enabling more stats too. I think I it gives a more accurate usage based upon battery used so far. It does make sense. Set a custom reference point to Now, then use just one app for a minute or so and open up GSAM again. You'll see it's reporting most of the battery that's been used since that reference point will be that app you just used. It's just confusing at first as I think it used to report based on an average of a weeks usage IIRC
    02-02-2017 10:43 PM
    I noticed this after enabling more stats too. I think I it gives a more accurate usage based upon battery used so far. It does make sense. Set a custom reference point to Now, then use just one app for a minute or so and open up GSAM again. You'll see it's reporting most of the battery that's been used since that reference point will be that app you just used. It's just confusing at first as I think it used to report based on an average of a weeks usage IIRC
    Yeah but as you can see its claiming that my apps are using 80% and sometimes 90%. Unless i have a bad app i dont see how youtube could possibly account for 64% of the drain. Then wjen disabled it goes to another app and claims thats the app causing problems. While i didnt say this in the post i did download it recenty after a factory reset to findthe same results. After uninstalling the app my drain has ended and overnight im loosing kaybe 1-2% instead of 8%.
    02-04-2017 12:54 PM