I got a pretty good deal (if there is such a thing for a crazy priced phone) at BB dot com using price match plus a 10 percent coupon. US unlocked version.
    Phone has yet to arrive for pickup, but now I'm sort of panicking, wondering if I made the right choice.
    Reading reviews about batt life and broken back screens...of course, on retail sites folks are more likely to post a negative review than a positive because they are mad about something.
    I really am interested in Project Fi, but I'm sure you all know about phone availability issues with G.

So, just tell me...are you guys happy with your phones? I'm coming from Galaxy 5 and previously 3. I loved being able to stockpile batteries and expandable flash memory, but want something new and didn't want to be locked in a contract so I put in full price.
    Google is compatible with everything across the board plus Project Fi...but my option with them would probably be Nexus 6p and not the Pixel.
    Likes about 7? Dislikes?
    02-03-2017 10:32 PM
    A little bit of back story of my debut to android phones. I owned a iphone 5s and decided to give android a try. I upgraded to the lgg4 and i had to replace that phone several times and yes i counted....

Fast foward to my galaxy s7 egde and and i can say this the best phone iv ever owned! 18 hours on battery life with a poor signal and 4 to five hours of battery life. Im very happy with my galaxy s7 egde.

If i had one dislike it would be not being able to change my battery, although not that i need to with my current battery life.
    02-03-2017 10:48 PM
    If i had one dislike it would be not being able to change my battery, although not that i need to with my current battery life.
    Thanks for feedback...the battery being 'locked' into the phone, and future degradation might be my biggest concern as I would like to keep my phone for a long time assuming I love it. I do wish the S7 had the battery size of the S7edge.

One thing that has kind of lessened my anxiety about it is i just now found a place about 40 minutes from home that seems to schedule an appointment with you and replaces batteries on site in their store @ 59.99 a shot ('batteries and bulbs'--see their dot com site). It is a franchise rather than a mom and pop. Gonna give them a call and question them with all the "what if's" that might happen in the future and what they can do about it.
    I like the idea of a somewhat local store repairing my phone (they fix glass too apparently) rather than it being sent off.
    02-04-2017 12:55 AM
    Thanks for feedback...the battery being 'locked' into the phone, and future degradation might be my biggest concern as I would like to keep my phone for a long time assuming I love it. I do wish the S7 had the battery size of the S7edge.

One thing that has kind of lessened my anxiety about it is i just now found a place about 40 minutes from home that seems to schedule an appointment with you and replaces batteries on site in their store @ 59.99 a shot ('batteries and bulbs'--see their dot com site). It is a franchise rather than a mom and pop. Gonna give them a call and question them with all the "what if's" that might happen in the future and what they can do about it.
    I like the idea of a somewhat local store repairing my phone (they fix glass too apparently) rather than it being sent off.
    The S7 is an excellent phone. I came from BlackBerry and I use my phone primarily for business. In fact, my S7 now very much resembles a BlackBerry...just as I want it to. My only problem, as mentioned here, is the inability to remove/replace the battery.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a replaceable battery would take away wireless charging and being water proof. There are probably many more people who want s phone that has wireless charging and water proof over replaceable battery.

Either way, this is a great phone for what I need (email, calls, texting and other related business apps). The S7 edge has a bigger battery, but it is also a bigger phone. I use my phone all day (7am-midnight) on a single charge and don't need a larger battery nor a larger phone.
    02-04-2017 01:45 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but a replaceable battery would take away wireless charging and being water proof.
    Nope.
    Samsung had already done such phone in the past - Galaxy S5.
    02-04-2017 04:18 AM
    The waterproof and wireless charging were both accomplished on the Galaxy 5 (wireless required a new back cover). But I do think those days are done. I've always been a Samsung guy, but after recent events, I can't imagine them ever putting out a user replaceable battery again, even though the phone with issues had one built in. There are too many cheap knock off batteries on the market for them to risk it even if they wanted to and I don't believe they do. Manufacturers and carriers know that a battery with a 2 year life span will probably send most people back into the 2 year upgrade cycle. Rinse and repeat.

I'm glad to hear about your good experience with the phone. As with you, most of my day really just involves emails, calls, texting. Also some light to moderate web browsing.
    I do stream music to my Bluetooth headphones for about an hour a day, but this hasn't been a real drain issue with past Samsung phones, nothing like the screen and operating system.
    02-04-2017 04:47 AM