I have to use my fingerprint or pin to unlock my phone. Sometimes when it's in my pocket it unlocks on its own and even opens up apps. I notice it happens more when I'm working and getting a little sweaty.
    How can I stop this?
    02-04-2017 01:40 PM
    Only thing I can think to check is go to Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and interaction and make sure easy screen turn on is disabled.
    02-04-2017 02:28 PM
    Only thing I can think to check is go to Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and interaction and make sure easy screen turn on is disabled.
    Checked that, it was turned off.
    02-04-2017 04:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you unintentionally touching the fingerprint sensor while the phone is in your pocket, or is the phone coming on without touching it at all? If the latter, it's possible that if you have the Automatically Lock interval set to more than a few seconds (like say, 5 minutes), then the phone will still be unlocked 5 minutes after putting it in your pocket. So if the Home or Power button is accidentally pressed, it won't require your fingerprint or PIN.

Try turning on the Power Button Automatically Locks option, so that when you press Power to turn the screen off (before putting it in your pocket), you'll know the phone is locked.
    dmagikwand likes this.
    02-04-2017 09:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you unintentionally touching the fingerprint sensor while the phone is in your pocket, or is the phone coming on without touching it at all? If the latter, it's possible that if you have the Automatically Lock interval set to more than a few seconds (like say, 5 minutes), then the phone will still be unlocked 5 minutes after putting it in your pocket. So if the Home or Power button is accidentally pressed, it won't require your fingerprint or PIN.

Try turning on the Power Button Automatically Locks option, so that when you press Power to turn the screen off (before putting it in your pocket), you'll know the phone is locked.
    Didn't think of that....I'll give it a try. Thanks
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-04-2017 09:36 PM
    OK, I posted about this earlier. Even with fingerprint security, my Note 4 will open (when in my pocket, no case) and either stay on or do strange (unwanted) things. This morning, it dialed 9-1-1 for the 6th time! No can do! Turning off the fingerprint security stops that, but still comes on when in my pocket (I bike ride and work maintenance so I move a lot).
    I did find something that seems to help (I've only been trying it for a day). I don't know these people so please don't hold me accountable. They have 100k downloads. It's on Google Store called Pocket Lock by Will X (whoever that is). It locks the phone when you place it upside down in your pocket and unlocks and opens it when you take it out. There are several other options as well. The only one I disabled was the off when face down because of the flashlight feature on my phone, which I use upside down sometimes. Not sure it will keep working but it hasn't let me down all day by letting my phone turn on while in my pocket or dialing (I re-enabled the fingerprint thing because I like that) anyone. Good luck. Love the site. Thanks.
    01-08-2018 04:30 PM