Car audio no longer working after Nougat update

lynn_phoenix

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and possibly has a solution. I upgraded my AT&T S7 to Nougat earlier and I can no longer get Media Audio through my car. Call audio works just fine. Media audio is not even an option to check. It worked fine before the update and my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still works just fine. My car is a 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT. I have tried a factory data reset on the phone and on the radio settings plus countless amounts of unpairing/pairing. Audio streaming is enabled on the car.

jterrell06

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I also had an issue with Android 7 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. When I updated the software I was not able to stream music in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited. I was on the phone with AT&T, Samsung, and Hyundai tech support for hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. Hyundai basically told me that it's an issue with the software update, and that Samsung or AT&T would need to resolve.

My phone was still under warranty, so AT&T agreed to send me a new phone. I got the new phone setup today, and the original software (Android 6) is able to stream music through my car. The issue is that the phone is asking me to upgrade to Android 7, but I'm nervous to do so thinking that it will cause the same issue again.

If anyone has any resolutions to this, it would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol