Recently received the nougat update on my S7. When using the updated dialer I can't read addresses, numbers etc because it's white font on a white background. Short of changing my entire theme is there a quick fix here?
    02-22-2017 05:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? This can help with various issues after a major system update. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30240
    02-23-2017 02:36 AM
    Yes, wiping the cache partition was the first thing I did after the update finished installing. Strange, how the dialer just disappeared from my system. The only way I can make a call now is to say, "Ok, Google, dial this number". Then, the dialer seems to pop-up up.
    02-23-2017 03:57 AM
    @cohoman, are you the OP of this thread? I saw this other thread of yours here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...er-app-go.html (where I suggested the same thing). I mention this because the OP of this thread was talking about a different issue, where the dialer is present, but is all white font on white background. There have been a number of posts lately about problems with the S7 Nougat update, so it'd be interesting to see what different kinds of issues there are.
    02-23-2017 10:20 AM
    For the time being download another dialer
    02-23-2017 11:07 AM
    Ok, I figured out the issue. Before doing the nougat update I had been using the app called Package Disabler Pro and disabled several AT&T bloatware apps. Apparently when my phone did the Nougat update, something got messed up and my default dialer disappeared from the app drawer. To fix this, I started up the Package Disabler app and reenabled all apps. After that, the dialer app reappeared.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-23-2017 11:47 AM
    Ok, I figured out the issue. Before doing the nougat update I had been using the app called Package Disabler Pro and disabled several AT&T bloatware apps. Apparently when my phone did the Nougat update, something got messed up and my default dialer disappeared from the app drawer. To fix this, I started up the Package Disabler app and reenabled all apps. After that, the dialer app reappeared.
    Thanks for the app suggestion
    02-24-2017 08:24 PM