does nougat seem buggy?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am not one to stress major updates, just want the security updates that we were promised but never received. Last one was the Nov patch before N last week. I only wanted N because ever since the Nov update my battery went from 14 hours to 8 hours.
But, N (7.0) seems to have a lot of bugs. Wifi turning off, bluetooth doing the same. Terrible wifi connection, screen freezing, bad battery life. Apps are hanging badly, apps slow to open, though faster than M.

I like some of the options, finally have the ability to mark texts as read from the notification panel. But seriously, why is the gear icon so tiny, I have giant fingers.

BackNine29

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
For me, yes on my AT&T S7. Very frustrating. Apps often hang, keyboard typing errors and input delays, mp3 media stops playing midstream, Bluetooth occassionally auto loads, muted video randomly un-mutes. And agree with the gear icon. Silly small.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If you have not done a factory reset I would highly recommend that you do. It should fix many if not all the issues you are currently having.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Factory reset did nothing.
The more I use this phone with the update the more I dislike using it. There are just so many bugs.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if it's a bad install. I hate restoring my phone now, it used to be easy.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if it's a bad install. I hate restoring my phone now, it used to be easy.
You can use Samsung Smart Switch to do a full backup, reset and restore. It restores all your apps and media and texts. The only thing it doesn't restore is the app data, meaning you'll lose all your saved games and you may need to login back to certain apps to use them again.

If you're on an Exynos variant then also consider moving to another CSC that gets faster updates.