The S7 Nougat Update Ruined my Phone

Cheyenne Lea

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
I am so with you!
I hate the upgrade! The user interface is very hard to read and my email and facebook previews in the notification drop down panel are too tiny to read. Adjusting the font size of the device doesn't do anything to the font in the panel.
I'm a Mobile QA Analyst and have tested applications on many mobile devices. I have never seen a worse upgrade! Obviously they didn't QA it!
Please guys, fix the font problem! I rely on the messages in the drop-down panel!

It is HORRIBLE, I hate my S7 thanks to Nougat.... notifications font is so small, the text messages are awful.. where are my "favorite contacts" assert the top of messages? I'm terribly sad...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It is HORRIBLE, I hate my S7 thanks to Nougat.... notifications font is so small, the text messages are awful.. where are my "favorite contacts" assert the top of messages? I'm terribly sad...
You can increase the display density to make the notifications larger and easier to read.

POOPonYOU

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Anyone know how to delete words from my text dictionary? Every time I try to swype 'you' the phone displays 'yippy'.
I'm using the stock keyboard that came with the update.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to delete words from my text dictionary? Every time I try to swype 'you' the phone displays 'yippy'.
I'm using the stock keyboard that came with the update.
When you see the misspelled word above the keyboard hit the down arrow to the right of the suggestions bar and then long press the word and remove it from the dictionary

ronfc

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
One thing I hate about the Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Nougat update is that they removed the automatic Power Saving Mode. Now, it only turns on automatically when your battery's at 5%. Back then, you can make it turn on at 50%, 20%, etc.

ScotFra

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate this update too. Got it yesterday and I already regret it.
For me, the main issues are with messages and contacts. None of my contacts apps work, they close after a few seconds and the default contact app don't show any contacts at all although I have resynced my google contacts.
None of my messaging app work also except for 1 (Pulse). Other ones, such as EvolveSMS hang.... I'm sick and tired of google crap

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
One thing I hate about the Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Nougat update is that they removed the automatic Power Saving Mode. Now, it only turns on automatically when your battery's at 5%. Back then, you can make it turn on at 50%, 20%, etc.
5%? That's running it a bit close. In fact, it's almost useless.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I hate this update too. Got it yesterday and I already regret it.
For me, the main issues are with messages and contacts. None of my contacts apps work, they close after a few seconds and the default contact app don't show any contacts at all although I have resynced my google contacts.
None of my messaging app work also except for 1 (Pulse). Other ones, such as EvolveSMS hang.... I'm sick and tired of google crap
Those don't sound like Google apps.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Is the 5% a Sammy thing or a Nougat thing?

...I have neither. :(
It's part of stock Android as well.

Though I strongly advise to recharge as soon as you hit 15%. Going into the single digits can affect battery lifespan.

Attachments

• 19812.jpg
    19812.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 147

Jessica Hale

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
You can add the brightness to the notification center you pull down. To do this, pull down the notification center fully and press the triangle that is pointing down and select 'show control on too

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh well if there's still a choice, it's not an issue. My LG G3 on Lollipop, very old stuff:
0d70b6a39838b572e82484b642200597.jpg

ronfc

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Right most users should never see the 5% mark on their phone, best practice is to start charging much earlier.

Well the point is they removed the functionality where you can set the device to enter Power Saving Mode when the battery drops to a certain level, which was 50%, 20%, and 15%.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate they redid the favorite contacts as well. And the tiny circles for contact photos.

Huntersjazz

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I joined this forum for 1 purpose: to find out how to block Samsung indefinitely from bricking my phone. I don't see anything promising here. I emailed Google, chatted with Sprint & with Samsung. Finally emailed FCC. I then just received an iPhone4 16 GB from New York for a different carrier since Sprint talking merger dealing with notorious pirates. Publicly Comcast or TMobile as possibles in talks with White House. Nougat has nothing listed ANYWHERE that I'd find better than my phone as is. Sans Update notifications ("postponed" which is not acceptable). I keep wifi off, keep data off 80% of each day or more, auto updates off, block most bloat/ malware ala SprintZone. But keeping data off not a solution. Better off with iPhone 4 longterm in that case.

Huntersjazz

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
PS, I also disabled background data. These features are scattered around the OS, mostly in settings. i've also rebooted & cleared OS cache, storage download cache & so on. About as much as I could find so far without taking root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary