How to undo the software update on the samsung galaxy S7.

A

AC Question

I got an update on my samsung S7 a d it is awful! Can this be reversed back to the previous version?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The last I knew, you can't in many cases. Samsung makes changes in the bootloader from time to time to prevent rolling back updates.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Care to share what exactly is awful with your update? Other than a couple design choices with notifications (granted, one very truly really seriously annoying... pop ups... ), I haven't noticed anything that makes my phone worse. If anything it seems smoother than before (and it was already snappy) and my battery lasts longer. I did, however, had to clear my phone's cache after the update as it did get choppy afterwards. Have you tried that on yours? Might alleviate some of your issues.

KellyS71

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Care to share what exactly is awful with your update? Other than a couple design choices with notifications (granted, one very truly really seriously annoying... pop ups... ), I haven't noticed anything that makes my phone worse. If anything it seems smoother than before (and it was already snappy) and my battery lasts longer. I did, however, had to clear my phone's cache after the update as it did get choppy afterwards. Have you tried that on yours? Might alleviate some of your issues.

I have found some of my programs are not working like musicly I watch my granddaughter on it I can see it but it won't play and another game of mine won't load.

Jess Coffey

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
I agree I hate it. It changed my favorites into alphabetic order and I can't figure out how to move them back. Plus I lost my locked screen picture, and it just looks like it would be something for little kids to God famed bubble gum looking, they need to make it so we can choose what our icon etc look like.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the Musicly app (which would be more on the app developer's side to make it compatible with Nougat), I'm not experiencing any of the issues you're mentioning. I still have my lockscreen picture and can change it to whatever I want, same as themeing my icons and screens.

SouthSuburbs

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung and the lady told me to do a factory reset, which should allow me to get back to the previous version.

My issue is my text messages aren't going out. I can receive texts, I can send them...but nobody is receiving them. I sent texts to myself, which has worked in the past, and I still haven't received them.

I updated on Monday and the issues with my texts started this morning.

Angie Janssen

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I also updated the new Samsung 7 Edge update yesterday and my phone went into safe mode and no one get it off safe mode. so it's a useless phone to me now.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung and the lady told me to do a factory reset, which should allow me to get back to the previous version.

My issue is my text messages aren't going out. I can receive texts, I can send them...but nobody is receiving them. I sent texts to myself, which has worked in the past, and I still haven't received them.

The lady you spoke with at Samsung is incorrect, a factory reset will not take you back to the previous Marshmallow OS. It will however, more than likely, fix the issues you're having with sending text messages.

michko741

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I just updated my galaxy s7 yesterday, and now I am not receiving my led notifications when i receive a new text msg on message+. The settings are all correct, is anyone else having this problem?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like a issues with your carrier

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my galaxy s7 yesterday, and now I am not receiving my led notifications when i receive a new text msg on message+. The settings are all correct, is anyone else having this problem?
Try clearing the data from your message+ app. That has helped users when they were not receiving led notifications in different apps.

denitroy

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I hear you. This is totally GRRRRRRRRRR

I hate and I am HATE this update. All my short cuts are gone and no way of creating them. Also my fav are all in a list now. I want it back !!!!'n

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonythefuckingtiger

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Apologies for the user name it is all it would accept. I am far less than happy with the update. Having diabetic retinopathy i have always chosen samsung phones because i can easily navigate and see what i need to. Now for the first time since the ace i cannot see anything or do anything. Are you telling me i am stuck with this? This is not aceptable!

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Some of the system display settings can be changed in SETTINGS/ACCESSIBILITY. That could be helpful and is already on your phone.

You can change a lot with how the device looks and works by using a theme or a custom launcher. Your phone has one theme preloaded, and there are a lot more at the theme store. Hit the GALAXY APPS app and look for themes. Many are free.

The launcher will let you change font and icon sizing, background and font colors, some menus, home screens, and adjust the display contrast. I've used Nova Launcher to replace the default TouchWiz launcher. You can make the phone look and feel almost like anything you could want with the right launcher.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The U.S. is not on that list of countries, for downloading the Marshmallow OS, tuscanybay. Also, I don't see any method in the instructions to prevent 7.0 from installing itself in the future (nag screens that render the phone near-useless, after a while)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol