Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Reading that Google Assistant is now available on devices running MM 6 and N 7.

I received an update today for the Google Search app - but I don't see Google Assistant.

Has anyone received the GA update on their S7/S7 Edge yet?

Andrewtude

Banned
Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Reading that Google Assistant is now available on devices running MM 6 and N 7.

I received an update today for the Google Search app - but I don't see Google Assistant.

Has anyone received the GA update on their S7/S7 Edge yet?

It's the same place as Nougat for Verizon phones.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What is the app that pops up (and has for MANY MONTHS) when long-pressing the HOME button? It's from Google. If in an app instead of the home screen, it comes up with contextual info.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's Google Assistant Soon. (not Google Assistant Now)

How come Google is always so slow with updates?

They aren't slow? They just announced it yesterday and even said it would go in batches... I am not sure where everyone's expectation of "batches" means "every single phone right now" ? It will come in a few days at most for people. You didn't have it before and most didn't care about the Assistant on the Pixel (I remember people down-right bashing it) but now it is a must have? I guess I don't get it lol :p.

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Google said it would go out in batches.. But I have yet to see ANYONE who has it yet. Guess the first batch isn't out yet?

Last edited:

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone with other devices, other than Google devices, reported receiving it yet?

I've searched and searched. Didn't find a single report of non-Google devices getting it.

It's been 24 hours since the Google announcement.... not very fast, are they?

When Apple releases a new update, millions of iPhone get it within the first 24 hours.

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
yes, but an iPhone is an iPhone is an iPhone, and I'm not interested in how Apple rolls out their updates.

of course...

I do not discriminate against smartphones based on their brand names... I own two iPhones (6s and 7 Plus) and two Samsung phones(S7 and S7 edge) Each camp has pros and cons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar