Galaxy S7

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Both me and my wife recently upgraded to the S7 from the Galaxy S5. Wonderful phone and still worked great, but a bit due for an upgrade to something that isn't 3 years old.

Has anyone had sound issues with the S7? I listen to a lot of music in my car through my AUX cable connected to my phone and it really doesn't seem to be very loud out of the gate unless I turn everything up full blast. Now my S5 was pretty decently loud without having to do that. Anyone have any ideas why maybe? Is there anything I can do for this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any equalizer settings on the phone turned on? That can sometimes reduce the max volume it pumps out.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about.
In the Samsung Music App, select "SoundAlive".
Go under the EQ settings, and you should see UHQ Upscaler. You want to enable that, but the slider will only be available when something is plugged into the headphone jack.
Once enabled, that should pretty much clear up volume issues.
One side note, you are probably going to hear a kind of "popping" noise from the radio when skipping tracks, it's not loud, but you'll hear it. And you'll probably hear a type of "static" if you pause playback. Again, normal with UHQ enabled.
Just wanted to give you a heads up about that, so you don't think your phone / radio is having issues. Screenshot_20170304-090921.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member