Lookout Security App Kills My S7 Data Connection

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The T-Mobile variant of the S7 includes Lookout Security app "baked" in to their phone. I initially disabled the app under "applications" and thought I was done with it.

The past few days my data connection would randomly stop working/establishing a connection. I had FULL 4G LTE bars and phone calls and text messages worked perfectly - but NOT the internet or any app dependent on data. Putting the phone in airplane mode temporarily fixed this issue but it returned again later.

Checking for updates in the Google Play Store - I noticed that the Lookout Security app was ENABLED and an update was available. The weird thing is that I NEVER enabled this app, it did so on it's own after I had manually force-stopped and disabled it. At this point I didn't think there was any connection with my broken data issue.

I contacted TMo support and there were no outage or network issues and this was happening in multiple cities/locations (so it could not have a tower issue as well). I even went to a TMo store and got my SIM card replaced but it kept happening again.

Each time it happened I noticed that the Lookout Security app had been enabled and that's when I realized that this was the reason why my data had been crippled.

I downloaded PDP (package disabler pro) and finally nixed Lookout and I've never lost data connection since that point.

I'm trying to figure out WHY Lookout would enable itself when I disabled it and WHY when enabled it would screw up my data connection.

WTF. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I used lookout in the past but they got increasingly annoying so I ditched them. Fortunately mine wasn't baked in.... Glad you got a fix mate

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has a hidden program loaded on a lot of carrier branded devices called DT Ignite.
I know it's on the Verizon S7 edge, and some TMO users have reported it as well.

If you disable one of the apps that the DT ignite system loads, it will automatically reinstall it and activate it immediately, in the background, with no input from you.
[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simonsickle.carrieradwarepreventer

Try that. If the DT ignite is on your phone, You can then disable it and force stop it.

Aftet that has been stopped, you should then be able to get Lookout to stop running, and shouldn't force itself back on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12