Verizon Nougat LED Notification Settings?

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Nougat on Verizon yesterday seemingly with no issues. Now I've noticed that the LED notifications are off & I can't find where to turn them on (if anywhere).

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Seems that only Gmail is experiencing the LED problem...everything else seems to work.
Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Solved...Cleared data from Gmail app and uninstalled updates. Fired it back up and updated. Now I get an LED notification for new Gmail messages.

ChadH43

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and your tip fixed it (thank you for that), but with one issue -- now I can only get the led notification if I also get an audible notification. Before the update, I had Gmail set to give me just the led notification but no sound. Now, if I set my Gmail notification to silent, I lose the led notification. When I change the Gmail notification to something other than silent, the led notification comes back.

Do you get an audible notification with the led notification, or just the led?

whosright

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I updated to Nougat on Verizon yesterday seemingly with no issues. Now I've noticed that the LED notifications are off & I can't find where to turn them on (if anywhere).

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Seems that only Gmail is experiencing the LED problem...everything else seems to work.
Sorry for the confusion.
In settings> go to> sounds & vibrations> notification sounds> if your e-mail address notification sound is turned off> tap setting to turn it on.