Samsung Galaxy S7 Rear Camera Glass Shattering

A

AC Question

Does anyone have an update on if Samsung will cover the rear camera glass mysteriously shattering under warranty? I literally woke up to see that the glass has been shattered overnight. This has been an ongoing problem apparently since the phone was released, as posted by many people. It's terrible engineering, and Samsung has apparently repeatedly declined to fix these problems under warranty. There was a law firm that was going to investigate this, but declined to go further with it. I want this fixed. Along with the Samsung battery scandal, I feel that Samsung has some terrible business models if they do not step up and accept that this is a manufacturing defect and should be covered under warranty. I feel like I should never buy another Samsung due to poor customer service regarding this. I've always had a Samsung phone for almost a decade now, but this past year has made me lose hope.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Note 7 snafu aside, I've had three S7 Edges so far (and two Note 7's) and bought an S7 for my boyfriend... none have had issues with cracking lenses. The V20, however, did... a lot. It even got featured on an article on AC. But that's besides the point. Unless you can prove you didn't drop the device, I don't think Samsung is covering those :S