I updated to Nougat last night... It's mostly awful. But, what really annoys me is that I no longer get notifications that I have a message if the message is screen is open.

Before the update, I could leave my texts open and still get the vibration that I had a new one and that is not happening anymore. I noticed it this morning while talking to my Mom, I sent something to her, and she replied, but the phone didn't vibrate, the reply just showed up. It used to be that I would talk to her and leave our message thread open most of the day, if she would send me something it would vibrate even though the thread was open.

Is there any way to get my notification back? I feel like I'm going to miss messages if I don't stare at my phone.
    03-07-2017 12:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is actually standard behavior for messaging apps these days -- i.e., if you have the message thread open and you get a new message in that thread, you won't get a notification (the rationale being that you're presumably already looking at the thread). I believe there are 3rd party messaging apps that do have notifications even when the thread is open, like the Verizon Messages+ app.
    03-07-2017 02:15 PM
    Yeah the stock message app doesn't vibe or ring if the app is open. But the "messenger" app does what you're looking for
    03-07-2017 04:37 PM