Galaxy S7 bugs after installing Nougat stock firmware

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys, i would appreciate some help with fixing some bugs or restoring my phone to lollipop firmware. My phone is SM-930FD model. I downloaded a firmware file for SM-930F from smmobile, updated fine and got a bunch of bugs. The phone works fine but there are a lot of bugs that annoy me. I uploaded some screenshots and i will try to explain them bellow:

* in screenshot 1, the description for Bluetooth is "Games, One handed mode". Clicking Bluetooth does not take me to games or one handed mode as description says. It takes me where it should, at bluetooth options.

* in screenshot 2, the description for Mobile networks is "Battery, Storage, RAM". Clicking Mobile Networks does NOT take you to battery, storage or ram.

* in screenshot 3 we can clearly see double "Device maintenance" tab. is this normal?. The battery tab has a wrong description too. Same for "Performance mode" tab. We can see double "Applications" tab too.

* in screenshot 5 the "Privacy and safety" tab has a wrong desc. Same for "easy mode", "accounts". you get the idea. many many tabs with wrong descriptions.

* in screenshot 6, clicking any of the buttons does nothing

* in screenshot 8 clicking any speaker icon does nothing. it should mute the sound for the respective category but it doesn't.

I need help to restore my phone to a version that has no bugs. I tried multiple versions of nougat and none totally fixed the problem.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm assuming you meant to type S5 in the thread title, since the SM-G900FD is the S5 Duos. I also moved the thread to the S5 forum, for more specific traffic.

Manually installing a firmware for a different variant of a phone can cause various problems, so it's usually not advisable, unless you know for sure it will work fine. If you want to go back to the correct firmware, find it here: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900FD/. Then install it using Odin, the same way you did for the SM-G900F firmware.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
if anyone wondered, i fixed it. aparently even if you flash AP, the phone has residual files from the previous OS.
I flashed everything, AP, BL, CP AND CSC, and it fixed my problem.
Did a quick restore from samsung cloud and got everything back.
All is good in the world. Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish