"Keep the screen turned off" feature broken after Nougat

A

AC Question

I have a Sprint Galaxy s7, after the Nougat upgrade the feature to use the proximity sensor to keep the screen off in a pocket/bag is no longer working. I've checked the sensor itself with *#0*# menu but it's working just fine, I've done a cache wipe and settings reset. has anyone else experienced this, is a factory reset my only hope?

nomiswerdna

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
'Smart stay' has to be on for it to work! Found out after much messing about.

AHHH!!! Spoke too soon, that was with marshmallow, just put nougat back on.... not working again:(

Last edited:

nomiswerdna

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Tried three different operating systems yesterday resetting my phone. Still didn't work even with no apps installed.

Can't work it out! Grrrrrrrrrr....

Last edited:

Ilsonlad

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem on my s7 (nougat) I've tried everything I can think of including factory reset. I've only had the phone for 5 weeks and when I got it it was on marshmallow 6.0.1 but I "upgraded" to nougat before I had tried the screen off feature so don't know if it was working before I moved on to nougat. Has anyone found a fix yet or heard if it is definitely a symptom of the nougat upgrade?

MapzOr

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I had Android M and it was working fine. When I upgraded to N it stopped working. I knew it was a bug or a problem with the new update, but shouldn't they have had it fixed long ago? Been 2 month with N and no fix so far..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm