I have a samsung galaxy s7... recorded some audio files from lectures using the app called smart voice recorder, selected them all from the smart voice recorder directory and 'moved' them to google drive- did not expect anything to go wrong as this is using the internal function of the phone..the loading bar went straight to 99% then dissappeared/finished. I was surprised since the files were like 200mb each. But now they have not been uploaded to drive and have disappeared from the phone-seems to be lost in translation somewhere.

I tried this same method using recordings of a few seconds to check and they seemed to move to drive fine. Any advice what happened to all my files?
    03-10-2017 04:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've already tried going to drive.google.com on your computer browser and seeing if the files show up there?
    03-11-2017 11:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've already tried going to drive.google.com on your computer browser and seeing if the files show up there?
    Hi, I am the original poster thanks for replying.

Yes, I have checked and keep checking google drive from my laptop as I have read some people here advising for others with similar problems using the samsung 'move' function to wait 24-48 hrs because it could take this time for the files to appear. Nothing has shown up yet...
    03-12-2017 07:41 AM
    What operation did you perform to try to get the files to Google Drive, and with what app? Was it definitely Move, or was it Share command? If it was Share (which is the usual way to upload files to Google Drive), it shouldn't have deleted the source file -- that would only happen with a Move command, and I think you'd have to use a file manager app to use a Move command.
    03-12-2017 10:39 AM
    What operation did you perform to try to get the files to Google Drive, and with what app? Was it definitely Move, or was it Share command? If it was Share (which is the usual way to upload files to Google Drive), it shouldn't have deleted the source file -- that would only happen with a Move command, and I think you'd have to use a file manager app to use a Move command.
    There is a pre-installed 'My Files' which I used to 'move' the files to Google Drive. I understand what what you are saying regarding if I used a share command it wouldn't have deleted the source file - as I usually go straight to the Google Drive app and upload files from there (which also keeps the source file), but I never expected anything to go wrong with a simple 'move' function...this absolutely sucks..
    03-12-2017 02:44 PM
    Argh, I feel your pain. As a general rule of thumb, I avoid any Move command, because of this potential problem of a failed file transfer and loss of the original file. I always use the Copy command.

Try connecting the phone to your computer via USB and using Windows Explorer to look in the directory where the voice files were. Still not there?
    03-12-2017 08:39 PM