Galaxy S7 battrry life after 7.0 update?

ArminS

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have recently updated my samsung galaxy s7 edge to nougat 7.0 and I think my battery is draining faster than it did before.

Right now, I have 30% of battery left and screen on time is 3hrs 53mins, 16 hrs on battery.

I remember before the update I used to get over 4hrs sot and over 36 hrs on battery and still be on 20%.

Does anyone else experience similar problem?

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue.
Last night while I slept the battery dropped from 51% to 25%
Not sure what's causing it - but something is very different.
I have not added any apps since or around the time of the update to Nougat

S7 on Verizon

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine went in the trash. although I don't think it was nougat. Mine took a dive on the Nov update. I used to get 12-14 hours of hard use. Now with only streaming Bluetooth it loses 10% an hour. If I play games I can watch it drop like the fuel gauge in a 1975 Dodge monaco with a 440.

For every ten minutes I play galaxy of heroes it loses 5%.

If I let it sit doing nothing it loses about 5% an hour​.

But that's not the big issue. It opens apps super slow. Takes about 10 seconds to fully open basic apps.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I by complete fluke was trying to fix my battery life last night. I ended up wiping the cache partition as well as the cache for all apps. Then did a restart.

Then by complete fluke I was advised that nougat was available for my phone​. After doing the wipes and nougat my battery life was better today. I used to drain 7 to 9 percent per hour from morning until 5pm ... Today I drained about 4 to 5 percent per hour.

Not sure what helped in this case!

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine went in the trash. although I don't think it was nougat. Mine took a dive on the Nov update. I used to get 12-14 hours of hard use. Now with only streaming Bluetooth it loses 10% an hour. If I play games I can watch it drop like the fuel gauge in a 1975 Dodge monaco with a 440.

For every ten minutes I play galaxy of heroes it loses 5%.

If I let it sit doing nothing it loses about 5% an hour​.

But that's not the big issue. It opens apps super slow. Takes about 10 seconds to fully open basic apps.

I'm in a similar boat to you with my AT&T S7. My battery life was really tanking late last year, too, though reboots would often fix things temporarily. After nougat, it is rare that I get a day where my battery drains at the same rate it once did (~2%/hr when not actively in use). Now, on a typical day, it's 4-5% per hour, if I'm lucky it goes back to closer to 3%/hr. This is just with the phone sitting on my desk, mind you. I did a cache wipe, cleared out apps I don't use, too. And I disable all the built-in apps I don't want (as much of AT&T's pre-installed bloat as possible). The #1 user of my battery is always Android System, so it's hard to know what app is causing the problem(s).

What I don't have is the lag in opening apps. I'm fine there -- my phone runs fine overall. I stream music over BT everyday, and it does seem to blow through more battery doing that, too. Overall, the phone just drains battery like crazy when it should be sipping it ...

To those who are not fond of the look of nougat, try a theme? I use Nova Launcher and themes, because all the white makes me want to gouge my eyes out =P. Spend some time learning how to customize the look of your phone -- it's totally worth it and you don't need root, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18