Two nougat update problems

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Every time I open Fox News since the update the screen gets far brighter and then it goes back to normal brightness when I go back to the home screen. I tried uninstalling Fox News and reinstalling and that didn't help which I didn't think it would.

I've had my S7 for over a year and never had spontaneous reboots and since the update nougat it has spontaneously rebooted twice within a half an hour. I was using the A&E app to Chromecast when this occurred. I know there are some complaints about A&E but I don't know if that's the cause of the reboots.

I haven't found a single solitary feature of nougat that I find compelling.

I updated my wife's phone to nougat and brightness does not increase when Fox News is opened nor has she had any other problems since nougat

Last edited:

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Nougat re-set several of my settings. I see that some people had re-sets that I didn't and vice-versa, so maybe the re-sets are a bit random as to which app is affected.

Problem is, some of these I never had to set, the phone came the way I wanted it (in those cases), so I'm having to figure out which are things I need to set and which are changes I have to live with. Also, often I don't have the terminology to describe what I want or to search for it -- for example, Video Enhancer is a new term for me.

It's like when the need-service icon popped up on my car and said "Oxygen Sensor" in red. I told the service guy "Why does it need an oxygen sensor? Either it has oxygen or it is underwater and has bigger problems than oxygen."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair