Hate new samsung galaxy s7 update

A

AC Question

I absolutely hate the new Nougat software update. Biggest Thu g I hate is how it's changed my text messaging. When I open text messaging up the conversations list is completely different. There's no longer names displayed with people's conversations just a little round circle with either a picture or one letter, and it's bright white with very very light gray font color making it very hard to even read. I've tried changing the theme to darker one it changes everything else but this on my phone! Can anyone help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely hate the new Nougat software update. Biggest Thu g I hate is how it's changed my text messaging. When I open text messaging up the conversations list is completely different. There's no longer names displayed with people's conversations just a little round circle with either a picture or one letter, and it's bright white with very very light gray font color making it very hard to even read. I've tried changing the theme to darker one it changes everything else but this on my phone! Can anyone help?

Consider a 3rd party messaging app like Textra or something else. Stock is fine but 3rd party always offers more options to play with.

Biggmac419

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site

I think it looks good. Change your theme. Here's how mine looks.

Attachments

• 7042.jpg
    7042.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 36

Uga85889

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I dont like the way my favorites are displayed in the contacts. I dont like the way the entire plarform looks. I see no meaningful benefits to this upgrade.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I dont like the way my favorites are displayed in the contacts. I dont like the way the entire plarform looks. I see no meaningful benefits to this upgrade.

Get a different contact management app. I use BlackBerry's and it works for me. Asus has one that has some nice widgets and has a dark theme

IT_MacGyver

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
The real problem comes when you click on a message....my comments are readable, but the addressee's comments are faint gray on a white background. touching the text bubble shows a darker font, but only for a few seconds. trying different themes seems to get the same result. I have tried the high-contrast font "fix", darker, but with outlined letters.
any ideas?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol