Battery drain after nougat 7

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys also have some problems with battery draining after installing nougat 7? I have draining while using and also when I do nothing..? When I go to battery stats, its only showing 1 to 3% of running apps, like android system, screen, mobile standby... so that's nothing..? Someone know what it can be?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys also have some problems with battery draining after installing nougat 7? I have draining while using and also when I do nothing..? When I go to battery stats, its only showing 1 to 3% of running apps, like android system, screen, mobile standby... so that's nothing..? Someone know what it can be?

Try doing a factory reset? Sometimes that helps after updates.

Joe1776

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

So the first day after Nougat I was thrilled. It was like my phone battery was back to day 1. It lasted all day with heavy usage. Every day since my battery has barely lasted 8 hours.

It is absolutely insane, I can't explain it.

Also my fast charge won't work. And yes before anyone asks, I've tried using both my and my wife S7 OEM fast chargers (both work for her, she still hasn't upgraded) as well as my Ankur cord which was a speed demon for charging previously. Nada.

Everything is slower, I honestly couldn't be more unhappy had I bought an Apple.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So the first day after Nougat I was thrilled. It was like my phone battery was back to day 1. It lasted all day with heavy usage. Every day since my battery has barely lasted 8 hours.

It is absolutely insane, I can't explain it.

Also my fast charge won't work. And yes before anyone asks, I've tried using both my and my wife S7 OEM fast chargers (both work for her, she still hasn't upgraded) as well as my Ankur cord which was a speed demon for charging previously. Nada.

Everything is slower, I honestly couldn't be more unhappy had I bought an Apple.

I would consider a factory reset as much as we all hate to do it. But it maybe the exact thing you need to fix the problems.

Coffeeguy24

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Possible fix!!!

POSSIBLE FIX!

My wife and I have identical phones, bought from same carrier few days apart, 85% apps are the same, and after update her phone is doing great, but mine is eating battery like mad: almost 2% an hour sitting idle, battery could not last 10 hours on pretty normal use. Restarted randomly a few times. Before upgrade my phone lasted 24 hours easily.
Tried everything I could find: wipe cache, reset app preferences, set a high performance mode without optimization, even did a factory reset. Nothing.
Flashed official firmware from Sammobile, but only the AP part. I know that back in my Note3 days, the AP was only thing I needed. What a mistake. After that I lost vibration and got some double tabs in “settings”. The phone did not lag, but it wasnt doing good either, and the battery was horrible. Lost 15 percent overnight on idle.
I then reverted to official 6.0.1., and after that I flashed 7.0 again, but this time I flashed everything that was in the archive from Sammobile:the BC, AP, CSC and something else, cannot remember what it was .
What a difference!
The phone went back to normal, the OS is smooth, and the best part: lost only 4 percent of battery overnight!
So, looks like this is the way to go. If you are unwilling to do the full reset, things have changed since older Samsung phones.
How I did it:
Thru Samsung cloud. You can backup everything you want: I moved my pictures and any other large files to SD card, and let the phone backup. It will backup everything except your app data: homescreen layout, alarms, contacts, calendar (if you already do not have it on Google).
The whole process lasted no more than an hour from start to finish with backup, flashing and restoring. Could not recommend more!
75% battery from 3PM yesterday lasted until 10 AM this morning.
So far so good.

Joe1776

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I have to wonder what's going on internally... after a few days of no fast charging, it just started working again yesterday. Maybe it took 101 toggles of the fast charging button?

Battery life is still very hit or miss, mostly missing.

Coffeeguy24

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Here is a quick update from me.
Light use yesterday, 2 mail accounts on sync, wifi and gps on, screen on auto, high performance mode with no offset on display brightness. About 1.5 hour of screen on time.
It seems that, when used, it will drain battery faster than on marshmallow. During writing this post 3%battery gone :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170322-080220.jpg
    Screenshot_20170322-080220.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Possible fix!!!

POSSIBLE FIX!

My wife and I have identical phones, bought from same carrier few days apart, 85% apps are the same, and after update her phone is doing great, but mine is eating battery like mad: almost 2% an hour sitting idle, battery could not last 10 hours on pretty normal use. Restarted randomly a few times. Before upgrade my phone lasted 24 hours easily.
Tried everything I could find: wipe cache, reset app preferences, set a high performance mode without optimization, even did a factory reset. Nothing.
Flashed official firmware from Sammobile, but only the AP part. I know that back in my Note3 days, the AP was only thing I needed. What a mistake. After that I lost vibration and got some double tabs in “settings”. The phone did not lag, but it wasnt doing good either, and the battery was horrible. Lost 15 percent overnight on idle.
I then reverted to official 6.0.1., and after that I flashed 7.0 again, but this time I flashed everything that was in the archive from Sammobile:the BC, AP, CSC and something else, cannot remember what it was .
What a difference!
The phone went back to normal, the OS is smooth, and the best part: lost only 4 percent of battery overnight!
So, looks like this is the way to go. If you are unwilling to do the full reset, things have changed since older Samsung phones.
How I did it:
Thru Samsung cloud. You can backup everything you want: I moved my pictures and any other large files to SD card, and let the phone backup. It will backup everything except your app data: homescreen layout, alarms, contacts, calendar (if you already do not have it on Google).
The whole process lasted no more than an hour from start to finish with backup, flashing and restoring. Could not recommend more!
75% battery from 3PM yesterday lasted until 10 AM this morning.
So far so good.
How is it performing now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC