Are There Any HAPPY Nougat Users?

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving nougat
Maybe cause I use a theme and launcher I don't see the visual problems. But I love the new quick menu and I'm having a decent batter improvement

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm liking Nougat. Runs smooth, battery is noticeably better, and it's always fun to figure out a new OS. Kind of like getting a new phone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The vast, vast, vast, vast... vast, vast, vast... vast, vast vast majority of users are either fine with the new update or unaware of what is different and therefore content.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The vast, vast, vast, vast... vast, vast, vast... vast, vast vast majority of users are either fine with the new update or unaware of what is different and therefore content.

To piggy back on this.... this forum is chock to the gills with selection bias. So many people come here to get answers to their questions or ways to solve their problems. If you hang out in a hospital emergency room all day, you might be inclined to think that EVERYONE was completely busted up and dying of some random illness.

Other than a weird issue where some photos are lost, my wife has had zero issues with the upgrade on her S7 Edge (to be honest, the picture thing reared its head on 6 on her old S7 too, so it isn't version specific I suspect). I've fussed with the phone a bit to get a few things back the way she prefers, and overall, the phone runs great... and I am sure that most users are in the same boat. It's not like she has some magical phone, immune to issues, so there will be others with the same good experience.

That isn't to say that EVERYONE will have a good experience. So they come here, to AC, and commiserate with the others who are having issues. :) And hopefully we can help you all.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded mine just fine and had no problems. With previous phones and OS updates I've always done a backup and factory defaulted the phone after a update but not this time.

To be honest most of the grumbles I've seen on forums seem to be something that could easily be fixed with a factory default and that will be my first port of call if I have any issues.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually I really like it, battery drain seems to be much less and even fast charging seems faster. Just cannot wait to see if a Note 8 arrives

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had no complaints about the update on my Sprint S7. I was participating in the beta and had to do one factory reset during that, but have not had to do one since. Overall, am very happy with the update, my phone has not given me any issues that I have seen.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Over in the Q&A forum (where non-members can post) we've had quite a few people complaining about the new design and how it "ruined" their device, even to the point of wanting to roll back the update.

Here is an example of those posts:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...y-uninstall-new-nougat-update-galaxy-7-a.html

To an extent, I can understand what these people are talking about. Many people get their phones looking a specific way and are happy with their setup, the change from Marshmallow to Nougat did change some stuff and could impact someone's familiarity and "comfort".

AztecPyramid

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I was reading a Nougat problem thread at the same time my S7 was upgrading. It gave me a cold chill.

I was expecting problem after problem and had made up my mind I was going to factory reset the phone once the update was done.

As it turned out, no issues at all. The new OS is a bit different but I already got used to it in less than a day. Happy.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had, and still am, having alot of fun with Nougat.

I've learned alot about my phone (S7 Edge), updating, and downgrading versions of Android over the past few months.

Its running smooth, with very good battery life. I really like the blue light filter and scheduling it.