Are There Any HAPPY Nougat Users?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know, forums are were people come to complain. I understand that but it seems like an unusually large amt of users here are very upset with the new OS. As of right now, I'm staying as far away from it as I can. Is anyone happy with the update?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Sure there are! There are a lot more happy Nougat users than unhappy, me being one of them.

Last edited:

tkavan

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I had my S7 only week or two before the upgrade came along, so I can't make any useful comparisons. But the Nougat update seems fine to me... no complaints so far. It seems to be cleaner interface than the S5 I upgraded from.

19sparky82

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had zero issues with the Nougat upgrade on my Verizon S7. As a precaution I removed my SD card prior to install and cleared the cache after the initial reboot. There are a few new features that are nice and I'm not missing any specific past features.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well this is encouraging. Thanks! How many of you did a factory reset after the upgrade? I know that's generally recommended but ugh, not something I would want to do!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well this is encouraging. Thanks! How many of you did a factory reset after the upgrade? I know that's generally recommended but ugh, not something I would want to do!
Good question! I did, I always do after a major upgrade, but I am anal that way. I like everything to be as prefect as possible. It is not necessary for everyone though😊

JonovisioC

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Great upgrade, loving everything so far ! I don't even understand half of the complaints. Complaing about the notification font size when you can increase it in display settings . Also lots of complaining about favourites icons in the dialer when they have been changed to a list. Boohoo lol btw if those fav are so important just add them to a screen in your launcher through the contacts widget?? Anyways I want to present the positive side .... I'll let you know if I join the Darkside but so far so good!

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So far it has been better than marshmallow. I only miss Myplaces since I had gotten used to having that variable widget on my home screen. Maybe it'll return in a later update.

Reg Joo

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where you're getting that info from. Nougat's the best, badass os that Google has made yet. The problem is the new systemless way. The rules have changed for where the core of the os lives, it's not in the same place. Root was achieved through the system folder, no more. A lot of people are mad at that, and tend to complain, with the fact that it's it's a 64bit OS that won't run 32bit processors( unless considerable manipulation is used). Who wouldn't want floating windows, assistant, that was integrated from the start( not like marshmallow, which it had to be added). Marshmallow is smooth, fast, and smart enough, but nougat takes the best of that, and makes it better, with features that take it in a superior direction. No, you don't need to get a phone with nougat installed, it runs fine on
phones, as old as 2 years old.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the Nougat update on my S7. The settings pages changed a bit and took some getting used to, but in all I think the update was beneficial. My battery life seems better with the improved doze feature, and I was able to eliminate a few 3rd party apps because their features are now incorporated in N. I especially like the double tap on the switched button to flip between two apps.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. Most of the trouble I have read are from people who had their sd-cards encrypted before the install. If that is not you then you will probably be fine.