Battery sucking. Upgraded to 7.0 today

LazyLightning

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I Upgraded my Verizon s7 today and my battery still seams to be sucking. 20%for 25 minutes off the plug and it was in my pocket for part of the time.

Is there any benefit to apps like Doze or Greenify?

Last edited:

LazyLightning

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
You might be right. It has been android system draining everything. Just wondering if any of the battery saving apps augment the 7.0 or any other ideas with Samsung Verizon

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Doze or Greenify don't really work. I use AccuBattery Pro. Spend some time and check out battery draw for each app I app settings. You might be surprised.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you cleared your cache partition? You also might want to do a factory reset if you are having problems. A factory reset can get rid of those bugs especially after such a big software update. If you haven't had battery problems before the update, there is no reason to assume the battery has gone bad.

JonovisioC

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Remove all those ram apps\ cleaner or monitoring things as they do more harm than good , do you have tasker or anything that could be constantly pinging your GPS or wifi location ? Any weather app looking for gps? Go to settings and manually set the location. Make sure you don't have on body detection or location based smart lock on.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Doze isn't as good as the built in option. Just turn on Data Saver. It's the same thing as Doze anyway.

Greenify's aggressive doze feature seems to work for me. It just triggers the built in Doze to activate earlier.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
New updates often contain new kernels. The new software is getting used to the hardware; basically making a lot of behind the scenes adjustments. I would wait at least a full day before trying to sort everything out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci