Has anyone noticed that the Google calendar is now very non-responsive when selecting a day in the "month" display. I've noticed it for the past month. Just upgraded software to 7.0. Still the same. I have to press it several times to get a response. Only with that action, screen and other actions are all good.

(Verizon S7)
    03-26-2017 01:06 AM
    They changed it recently such that you have to tap the top of the date square (at the same level as the date), rather than tapping anywhere within the whole square. I'm not sure why -- maybe people complained that by tapping the square, it would go directly to an event that's already listed.
    paulie7880 likes this.
    03-27-2017 06:49 PM
    The way my calandar month view works is as follows.

If there is an event on that day I tap once anywhere and a popup is displayed that allows me to select the event or tap on the plus to add an event.

If there is no event on that day I tap once anywhere and it highlights that day and then I tap a second time to add an event.

This is on Nougat. I don't remember what is was like on Marshmallow:-)
    03-27-2017 07:49 PM
    The way my calandar month view works is as follows.

If there is an event on that day I tap once anywhere and a popup is displayed that allows me to select the event or tap on the plus to add an event.

If there is no event on that day I tap once anywhere and it highlights that day and then I tap a second time to add an event.

This is on Nougat. I don't remember what is was like on Marshmallow:-)
    Still on M on my S7 (US Cellular network). When opening stock calendar to month view, click on a day with no events and it opens up a Create Event dialogue. Click on a day with events, and it brings up a list of those events for you to select from. Or you can select the + to create a new event on that day.
    LineKill likes this.
    03-28-2017 05:56 AM
    deleted
    03-29-2017 04:52 PM
    They changed it recently such that you have to tap the top of the date square (at the same level as the date), rather than tapping anywhere within the whole square. I'm not sure why -- maybe people complained that by tapping the square, it would go directly to an event that's already listed.
    B. Ditty
    That was exactly my problem. I didn't know they changed (without informing, as far as I know).
    Thanks so much, it was driving my crazy! (short trip though)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2017 04:57 PM
    I have been trying to figure out why my calendar does not work as you described. Then it dawned on me, I am not using Google Calendar, I am using the stock calendar. I am usually more on top of what I am doing. I feel so stupid! I hope I can recover from this
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2017 06:27 PM
    I have been trying to figure out why my calendar does not work as you described. Then it dawned on me, I am not using Google Calendar, I am using the stock calendar. I am usually more on top of what I am doing. I feel so stupid! I hope I can recover from this
    No problem -- it's easy to interchange the two when thinking about it, and most people with an S7 would probably be using the stock calendar app anyway. Keep up the good work!
    LineKill likes this.
    03-29-2017 10:14 PM
    No problem -- it's easy to interchange the two when thinking about it, and most people with an S7 would probably be using the stock calendar app anyway. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! One can only learn from their mistakes. I appreciate the kind words.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2017 10:26 PM
    @paulie7880 sorry for the mixup. I am glad you got it sorted out:-)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2017 10:29 PM