Why is the new Google voice assistant not showing up after home key press anymore?

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a Galaxy s7 with the latest update I got Google's new voice assistant that would talk to you just like siri. I got it to work for one day and it was really cool you could play games and get jokes. However, when I woke up the next day and tried to "ok Google" and hold my home key down only Google old voice search comes up. My SO got hers to work as well and under her Google app in settings she has extra settings above notifications, which is where the settings for the voice assistant is located mine doesn't have these settings. I've tried joining Google's beta but that didn't work and I also found out my SO wasn't part of the beta either. So I'm lost please help I really liked the Google assistant better than s voice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to confirm -- when you open the Google app, and then tap Menu>Settings, you don't see Google Assistant at the very top?

ezekel

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Is there any update to this? I'm experiencing the same thing. The "Google Assistant" option is not at the very top of the Google App Settings.

Screenshot_2017-08-05-13-24-50-120_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

Screenshot_2017-08-05-13-24-40-116_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Everything was fine until when I joined Beta and got an update. The Assistant isn't there anymore.

Please send a reply asap.