Settings menu won't scroll up

donttreadonbrian

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Hello, all. I recently encountered a problem on my Galaxy S7. A couple of days after the Android 7.0 update my settings menu is all messed up. Whenever I access it, it automatically scrolls to the bottom. And then it gets stuck there. If I try to scroll up, it forces me back to the bottom. It does not happen in any other app, just the settings menu and its sub-menus. I did find that if I try to scroll up and I pull the notifications tray down at the same time, the menu will continue scrolling up a bit in the background, but when I try to click to go back to it, straight down to the bottom again.

Please let me know what I can do to remedy this.

Mike L T

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello, all. I recently encountered a problem on my Galaxy S7. A couple of days after the Android 7.0 update my settings menu is all messed up. Whenever I access it, it automatically scrolls to the bottom. And then it gets stuck there. If I try to scroll up, it forces me back to the bottom. It does not happen in any other app, just the settings menu and its sub-menus. I did find that if I try to scroll up and I pull the notifications tray down at the same time, the menu will continue scrolling up a bit in the background, but when I try to click to go back to it, straight down to the bottom again.

Please let me know what I can do to remedy this.

I have this same problem on Samsung On5.

obri

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I have this same problem on Samsung On5.

I also have the same problem on an SC Note4 only a week old & recently software updated.
Clearing cache didn't work.
Spen held at the top will take the menu to the top but then it scrolls itself back to the bottom in list view.
In tab view you cant scroll across either as its stuck on Applications.
You can you spen to go to Accounts sometimes but you have to hover it on the left side but it wont go past Accounts.

obri

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
As an addition to above - The menu in Application Manager does the same thing as soon as it opens it scrolls itself to the bottom and is stuck there.

obri

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Seems to be corrected.

Went into Safe Mode - Start phone/ hold down Vol down button as soon as you see Samsung logo and keep holding until phone starts with Safe Mode in bottom left corner.

Went to App Manager /All/Smart Manager/Storage/Clear Cache then Manage Storage/Clear data

Back to Home Page and from Pull Down turned off Safe Mode or just turn off & restart the phone normally. Don't just reboot

Hope this works for you

obri

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Having played with this further I have been able to recreate the problem.

An easier/quicker way of fixing this problem is to go to Tab view/using the spen hold it to the left tab Personalise and tap it until that screen stays in place/now go to Accessibility and scroll down to Services/ Turn off App Cache Cleaner.

This should fix the menu locking problem.

I then went to Smart Manager and used it manually without a problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma