Hey guys, so recently i was listening to music while taking a shower, after a bit i noticed that the audio sounded like water had gotten inside the speaker or something like that, so thinking like the smart person i am(sarcasm) i decided to suck the water out of the speaker...with my mouth...but now the audio sounds way worse. It sounds like the watwr is still inside but it osnt as loud as it used to be.... I'd apprentice some help ot atleast some what of an idra on what happened thanks!
    04-04-2017 09:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that the speaker has been damaged. You could try sealing the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours to see if that draws out all of the moisture and returns the speaker function to normal. But if it doesn't, you'd probably have to get the speaker replaced.
    04-05-2017 02:39 PM
    Odd that you're experiencing this problem, with one of the notable features of a S7 being its waterproofing. If you go here:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Sams...Teardown/56686
    there are references (and photo) to the speaker module in steps 6 and 14.
    Chances are the speaker itself isn't permanently damaged but with the added rubber seals it will probably take longer to dry it out.
    04-05-2017 03:41 PM
    To be honest, I always look at these IP water resistance ratings with a huge grain of salt. I don't refer to it as waterproofing, since that implies a 100% guarantee that it's protected from water. It's telling that Samsung is compelled to include this in the section of the manual about water resistance:

"Your device has been tested in a controlled environment and certified to be water and dust-resistant in specific situations (meets requirements of classification IP68 asdescribed by the international standard IEC 60529-Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures [IP Code]; test conditions: 15-35°C, 86-106 kPa, 1.5 metre, 30 minutes). Despite this classification, it is still possible for your device to be damaged in certain situations." [bold is mine]

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_160219.pdf
    LineKill likes this.
    04-05-2017 10:55 PM