One ringtone for all non contacts?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
You can add all of your contacts to a group and select a ringtone for that group. The ringtone you select for that group will sound for all non contacts.

Edit: I think you can go into the groups and assign a ringtone for the My Contacts group and do it that way as well.

If this does not make any sense I apologise, I just woke up 😴 Probably shouldn't​ have tried try to help right now.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Except in Nougat there are no GROUPS for contacts, that I can find and I've been reading complaints on line that Nougat dumped GROUPS.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Except in Nougat there are no GROUPS for contacts, that I can find and I've been reading complaints on line that Nougat dumped GROUPS.
See if it is in the actual contacts app, not the contacts in the phone app.

If it is not there, it must vary by carrier.
0881bc1a2374d1820f88994d5c3d3f19.jpg
ea9f4c61307ec1e26b13d229680839ba.jpg

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If you do have​ groups on your phone the easiest way to accomplish what you want to do is assign the My Contacts group a ringtone and then anything not in your contacts will be the default ringtone.

If you do not have groups, MacroDroid or Tasker might help you accomplish the same thing.

Or you could assign every individual contact a ringtone as mentioned above. That could be very time consuming if you have​ a lot of contacts though, but it will do it nonetheless.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got done making some test calls after installing macrodroid and creating a macro. It looks like that's going to take care of it. I set up the macro to use a particular ringtone when contacts call me. I also tested that contacts that I have a specific ringtone set for, still play their ringtone and that works. I also called from my Google Voice number ( not in my contacts) and I get the non -contacts ringtone that I set up in macrodroid . Thanks for the idea

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got done making some test calls after installing macrodroid and creating a macro. It looks like that's going to take care of it. I set up the macro to use a particular ringtone when contacts call me. I also tested that contacts that I have a specific ringtone set for, still play their ringtone and that works. I also called from my Google Voice number ( not in my contacts) and I get the non -contacts ringtone that I set up in macrodroid . Thanks for the idea
Your welcome, I am glad you got it all sorted out.

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I set up the macro to use a particular ringtone when contacts call me. I also tested that contacts that I have a specific ringtone set for, still play their ringtone and that works.
Would you mind letting me know the trigger and action you used? When I used the set ringtone action for a contacts group, Macrodroid set that ringtone as the default ringtone, which isn't what I wanted. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC