S7 Deleted apps and photos

A

AC Question

I've had my S7 for almost a year now, never had a problem with it. Yesterday it suddenly refused to recognize my SD card and it won't format it either, no matter what I do. I then saw that it deleted a few apps and ALL of my pictures, on it's own! They were stored on the main phone, not the SD card.

I can access the pictures through the Verizon cloud on my computer, but if I try to go there on my phone, they show up as missing as well, so I know this is a phone issue and not just the SD card. Help?

Verizon wants me to try to put the SD card in another phone to test it, or get a new one for mine to test it. If it was just the SD card not reading, I'd be fine doing that, but the phone itself is going rogue and apparently deleting things from itself, so what about that??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Storage -- does the SD card show up there at all? Tap Unmount (if available), then remove the card and reboot. Are you still unable to see your photos?

Use the My Files app and look specifically in the /DCIM/Camera directory. Do you see the photo file there?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX