Email not syncing properly

A

AC Question

Since the Android update on 5th April on my Galaxy S7, my email seems to struggle to sync and download. Prior to the update it would update every 15 mins ( in settings) or if I dragged screen down it would sync. Now it doesn't happen, just seems to sync and download when it feels like it. I've checked settings and still shows as 15 mins.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Angela96

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
It's the Samsung app. Since I posted the above, I've removed the account and tried adding again. Now getting a message that the account Can't be verified by the server. So stuck with no mail on my phone now!
Thanks for your help.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading a different email app. Gmail, inbox, k9 and aqua mail are all good apps. The stock Samsung app is not known for being very good.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's the Samsung app. Since I posted the above, I've removed the account and tried adding again. Now getting a message that the account Can't be verified by the server. So stuck with no mail on my phone now!
Thanks for your help.

Is this a work email address or like a gmail/hotmail?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
You should try one of the third party apps. Our app which has been around close to 8 years called MailDroid or one of the others like K9 or basic Gmail.

captain_tinker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
OP, I have noticed a similar issue on my GS7 that happened immediately after my update to Nougat. However I've found that the issue only occurs when I've got the wireless radio turned on. The moment I turn OFF wireless, suddenly I get all my emails! It's very strange.

capT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC