Why does the opened tabs under " Recents " key limit to 5 ?

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
This is very annoying. I remember that since the latest Android update on my S7 Edge, the opened programs recent tabs under the left button celles " Recents " key are always limited to the latest 5 apps used. I always use approximately 10 apps and they always kept showing under the Recent opened tabs before the update. This happens after a period of inactivity of not using the phone but leaving it in standby.

Did they change this or can I set the maximum tabs now with the latest update or something ? Although I didn't manage to find such an option (yet). Please help me. I want all opened programs to be still there under the " Recent " key, because now if I want to use Adobe Acrobat to read something, and if this was a program I used much earlier before the latest opened 5 programs, it will not be under the Recent tabs list anymore. Therefore have to go to Programs again and open the program there. And when I do it's still in the phones memory somehow, because then it does open at the exact point I was reading last time.

Anyone know how I can fix this Recents key malfunction ? Or is this normal since the latest update and/or can I change the settings for the Recent key ?

Last edited:

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Ok, just did that. Guess we have to wait and see. How come I see a dead Android while starting up in Recovery Mode ? I did get into Recovery Mode just fine though.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just did that. Guess we have to wait and see. How come I see a dead Android while starting up in Recovery Mode ? I did get into Recovery Mode just fine though.
The dead Android is normal don't worry about it at all. I am not sure as to why he appears though.🤔

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Still keeps being 5 saved tabs maximum. Maybe some program that does it ? However, also in Recovery Mode the Graphics Test does not launch. Getting the no command issue here too. Then it says " reading " and starts to " Update " ? When finished it good back to the Recovery menu. It keeps repeating this when you try to launch Graphics Test.

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Hey thanks again for replying and assisting ! I indeed remember turning developer mode to on a while back. Would it have to do with anything related here ?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks again for replying and assisting ! I indeed remember turning developer mode to on a while back. Would it have to do with anything related here ?
If you have turned anything on, by accident, in Developer Options it could have an adverse affect. Turn Developer Options off via the toggle in the upper right corner and restart your phone. If it corrects the issue, then it was something in there that had caused it.

When you turn off Developer Options it will reset every within there. If you would like to use any of it's features you will need to turn it back on and activate the feature desired.

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Already tried all of this but it does not differ, this really annoys the h¥£l out of me honestly. I just came back home and left my phone in standby at home. When I swipe the screen and press the Recents key again, only 5 tabs are being shown again. And there were truly 8 open before I left. So WTH is this drop?

I didn't do anything wrong, nor is this phone rooted.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does the opened tabs under " Recents " key limit to 5 ?

Already tried all of this but it does not differ, this really annoys the h¥£l out of me honestly. I just came back home and left my phone in standby at home. When I swipe the screen and press the Recents key again, only 5 tabs are being shown again. And there were truly 8 open before I left. So WTH is this drop?

I am very sorry that you are having this problem Simud. It is not normal and I do not know how to correct it short of doing a factory reset, I could not guarantee that it would even work correctly after that.

I have made all the suggestions that I can. I understand your frustration. Maybe someone with further knowledge of, and how to correct this, issue will chime in and be able to help you.

If I come across any information I will come back and let you knowツ

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes thanks a lot. I don't want to reinstall anything as I just got the phone. It works great further though. Is there also a way perhaps to just reinstall the latest update over the same update as maybe something might have gone wrong during the latest update ? Because before the latest update I didn't had this problem with the saved tabs.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

have you looked at the following under dev options?

Attachments

• 11776.jpg
    11776.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 35

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it is at that setting by default already. It is at that before and still is. Doubt this this to do with the saved tabs at all honestly...

Simud

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I hope another update will be released again and then cross fingers this will be fixed for me. Funny thing is, it only limits to the 5 latest saved tabs after a period of being in standby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463