Smart Switch failing at 31% consistently

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Bought an S7 for my wife, hooked up her iPhone 5 via USB-OTG and lightning cable.
Opened SmartSwitch -- begins analyzing the iphone and gets to 31% then "Connection Lost".
Searched numerous forums, got tossed back/forth between 3 samsung reps who all told me (and i quote) "have you downloaded the smart switch app for the iphone 5 yet?" --- to which, after 10 minute explanations, they finally agreed there was no ios app called smart switch..

So, my question is this -- has anyone gotten it to work successfully porting data from an iphone 5 to an s7?
My next resort was the iCloud (with 5gb available), but apparently her "Contacts / Notes" exceeded 5 gbs of space (icloud: you don't have enough space for this action")

I'm really disappointed here. Was so excited to use this application -- but consistently failing and Samsung's inability to offer adequate support for the application is just making me sad.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Bought an S7 for my wife, hooked up her iPhone 5 via USB-OTG and lightning cable.
Opened SmartSwitch -- begins analyzing the iphone and gets to 31% then "Connection Lost".
Searched numerous forums, got tossed back/forth between 3 samsung reps who all told me (and i quote) "have you downloaded the smart switch app for the iphone 5 yet?" --- to which, after 10 minute explanations, they finally agreed there was no ios app called smart switch..

So, my question is this -- has anyone gotten it to work successfully porting data from an iphone 5 to an s7?
My next resort was the iCloud (with 5gb available), but apparently her "Contacts / Notes" exceeded 5 gbs of space (icloud: you don't have enough space for this action")

I'm really disappointed here. Was so excited to use this application -- but consistently failing and Samsung's inability to offer adequate support for the application is just making me sad.

Has her S7 been set up already? Usually you should do this step when going through the setup process the first time. Have you tried reinstalling Smart Switch or checking for updates? Have you tried using Smart Switch through a PC if possible? Also is the phone on the latest OS?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hola --
1. Yes, the S7 has been "setup" already, by which I mean I have completed the initial setup process (add accounts)
2. I've uninstalled Smart Switch
3. I re-installed Smart Switch
4. I cleared the cache on Smart Switch
5. Smart Switch, via PC, does not transfer data from iphone to computer to android (unless i'm missing that documentation somewhere)
6. The phone is on the latest OS.

I ultimately gave up, and used various iphone apps to export her contacts via email INTO Gmail, and then found her SMS db file in the iphone backup folder (on her mac) and imported them onto the S7 using an app (so cool, so very easy)...now, all that's left is just the stupid 'Notes' that are on the iPhone.
Looks like they're synced to Gmail (from the iphone) but who wants to go into Gmail to view them? We have Samsung Memo for our notes, I want her to have them in that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez