Why won't my Samsung Wireless Charger work at all?

A

AC Question

Hi,

New to the forums here but hoping for some help with wireless charging. So I recently bought a Samsung Wireless Fast Charger as I'm sick of replacing cables. I've set up the charging pad and it lights up blue, green and cyan but when I place my S7 on the pad nothing happens. I've taken the pad back to the shop and they tried it which of course it works perfectly. Take it back home and again nothing. I'm using the wire I used to charge the device which charges on Fast Charge when plugged in so the wireless charger should at least pick up enough to slow charge wirelessly but it doesn't even recognise my phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You should take it back again along with your device and try it in the shop. If it still didn't work, try a different charging pad. Still no luck? It's the device, wireless charging hardware possibly. Take it to repair shop. Samsung gives two year warranty...
It worked? Get a different pad.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Try changing cables, charger and removing your case of you have one.
When you took it to the shop did you check the phone or just the charger? For wireless charging to work it needs to be turned on in settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC